• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

buns on a budget! (now with pictures!!)

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
i was going to buy one of those covered cat litter trays for my buns (someone has got too big a bum and keeps weeing over the edge :roll: ) so i looked on the net all were about £10-20 + p&p, so when i went up town i had a look no covered cat loos but large storage boxes with lids for £3.49 so i bought one of those came home cut a large entrance hole in the front smoothed all the plastic off and then covered the edges in three layers of thick duct tape just in case i missed a rough bit, just got to fill with newspaper, biocatlet and hay and we're done!!!!

et voila hooded litter tray for £3.49!!!

any other good hints or tips???

I have two of these triangular litter boxes with a high back. Enough room for both of them to sit next to each other. But they cost 7.99 each, so not really cheap, either.

I use 3 underbed storage boxes for litter trays (minus the lids). They were £2.49 from Wilkinsons.. a lovely purple colour too.. all three of mine can get in the same one if they wish to :D

Diddeen said:
I use 3 underbed storage boxes for litter trays (minus the lids). They were £2.49 from Wilkinsons.. a lovely purple colour too.. all three of mine can get in the same one if they wish to :D

Mine have got wilkos purple storage boxes for litter trays too!! They have smaller ones in their hutch then a storage box downstairs, then we can put a lid on it when the buns are not out - not that we actually bother much but the option is there when we want it!! :wink:

Re: buns on a budget!

cheekytikki said:
i was going to buy one of those covered cat litter trays for my buns (someone has got too big a bum and keeps weeing over the edge :roll: ) so i looked on the net all were about £10-20 + p&p, so when i went up town i had a look no covered cat loos but large storage boxes with lids for £3.49 so i bought one of those came home cut a large entrance hole in the front smoothed all the plastic off and then covered the edges in three layers of thick duct tape just in case i missed a rough bit, just got to fill with newspaper, biocatlet and hay and we're done!!!!

et voila hooded litter tray for £3.49!!!

any other good hints or tips???

Can you show us a picture?? :wink:

right here are some piccies of my budget litter tray:

pumpkincarving001-1.jpg

the tray

pumpkincarving002-1.jpg

close up of the entrance

pumpkincarving003-1.jpg

how i cut it at the top

pumpkincarving004-1.jpg

the budget ltter tay modelled by the beautiful Duchess

pumpkincarving007.jpg

'this is how you eat stuff and poop at the same time!'

edit: duchess obviously couldn't wait :roll: :lol: :lol:

Looks great - such a good idea!! Our buns like digging in the wood pellets in the litter tray and they kick it all over the edge. This would be great to stop the mess!

Back