• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit enrichment

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
any ideas how i can better enrich the buns life atm they have a shelf(which to be honest they dont use :roll: , a huge digging box (hopefully soon to be raised on a special stand so they can hide underneath it and have a bit extra running space, tubes inc snugglesafe flexible warren, bounce back toy with chew stick (the only wooden chew they eat!), willow ball, rattle toys, treatballs, cat sack bed, balls of various sizes, textures and rattlieness and pinecones they also sometimes get paper bags, cardboard boxes or other cardboard things (tubes, just flat bits of card etc) and i try and make them work for foos my hiding some of their veges in paper bags or behind cage furniture etc.
any other ideas on how to enrich their little lives? (they also free range my room - still waiting on that b****y stairgate - from about 9am till about 10.30pm each day)

Crickey-I was going to ask the same question but you've given me load sof ideas. Short of hiring a rabbit entertainer it sounds like they should be pretty occupied with what they've got. PLus they've got each other too so even if they're not playing they are probably having a nice chat with each other :wink:

:oops: :D lol ok i am always looking for new ideas so if anyone else has different games/toys it would be much appreciated plus i get to go shopping for them for christmas :D:D:D:D:D:D

jrn1310 said:
Sounds like they have a wonderful time, short of providing them with their own TV with built in DVD I dont think you have much to add :lol: The only thought I have would be to put their pellets into a feeder so they have to work for it http://www.bunnybasics.net/super-treat-tumbler-p-71.html?osCsid=15261dabe2bd6c7b920ac64b3c3cf89d

they have their pellets in treatballs first thing in the morning. they *ahem* (whispers quickly) also watch tv in the evening when i watch it :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: teegra somtimes jumps on my bed and puts his front feet on the tv stand to get a better look (oh and we have a video built in and dvd on the ps2 :oops: :oops: :oops: )

cheekytikki said:
jrn1310 said:
Sounds like they have a wonderful time, short of providing them with their own TV with built in DVD I dont think you have much to add :lol: The only thought I have would be to put their pellets into a feeder so they have to work for it http://www.bunnybasics.net/super-treat-tumbler-p-71.html?osCsid=15261dabe2bd6c7b920ac64b3c3cf89d

they have their pellets in treatballs first thing in the morning. they *ahem* (whispers quickly) also watch tv in the evening when i watch it :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: teegra somtimes jumps on my bed and puts his front feet on the tv stand to get a better look (oh and we have a video built in and dvd on the ps2 :oops: :oops: :oops: )

It doesnt sound that they are missing out :D

You can play some Mozart for them during the day, to stimulate their brains. :D

It works with my kids. When we are in the car for a long time and I play Mozart for them, they are usually very quiet. If not, hell breaks lose on the back seat..... My older boy listens to Mozart's Requiem every evening, it helps him calm down and fall asleep. His younger brother likes dance music, too, but the older ones prefers classical music.

Would be interesting to see what music your bunnies like. :D

They sound like very happy bunnys! I think just keep doing what you are doing... I know this makes the shopping a bit more difficult though :lol: . Maybe just get them an assortment of nice hays for christmas...

I want to come and live at your house, sounds great!!!

You've given me ideas for my outdoor buns too. I'm planning a treatball and one of those green tunnel thingies for their Christmas pressies.

:lol: :lol:

Now my two sound horribly neglected with their cardboard boxes, rattle jingly balls, chew toys and the various hidey holes of my bedroom :lol: .

Whatever I give them they prefer the wallpaper anyway :lol: .

jrn1310 said:

They already have their own fridge so their own tv and dvd at bunny level is probably next on their wish list for xmas :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Abi - seriously, your bunnies are spoilt rotten, I am sure they are really happy with what they have. Especially when you consider that they have more space in your bedroom than you do 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sgprescue said:
jrn1310 said:

They already have their own fridge so their own tv and dvd at bunny level is probably next on their wish list for xmas :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Abi - seriously, your bunnies are spoilt rotten, I am sure they are really happy with what they have. Especially when you consider that they have more space in your bedroom than you do 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

especially since when you last saw it the pen has extended another 1/2 foot so it is now pushed up against my bed :oops: :lol:
p.s. my bunnies like their own personal fridge!!! :D :lol:

edit: just been out and they now have a new carrier/bed aswell was going to be for christmas but again i cant wait :oops: :lol:

Back