• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We've arrived!

littley

New Kit
Hi,

I'm new to the forum; I was introduced to it by my best friend Julia.julibob (so Hi to you!)

This morning we both went to the RSPCA Medway branch to pick up these delightful little rogues...

DSC00040.jpg

My daughter was made up when she saw them, as I hadn't told her I was collecting them today. We have decided to keep the names given by the RSPCA as it helps Tegan remember who they are: Ollie is Orange and Liam is Lilac! :D

As you can see, they are both Rex rabbits! The lady at the RSCPA centre said that the person giving them up had no idea they were Rexes. They thought they were "mutts"!! Poor babies! They also had two sisters, Phoebe and Piper, who are albino. Happily, they were also rehomed this morning.

Anyway I just had to show off the wonderful new additions to my family! Let me know what you think.

Littley xx

Yipeeee, you are here. I can say that Liam and Ollie are gorgeous. We just need to sort out the photo postings! :lol:

Luv ya Sue

Julia

OOoooooooooooooooo They're gorgeous rexy buns!! Those ears are amazing - they're going to be big boys!!

How old are they? :D

I have been looking at the RSPCA Medway too as I am looking for a little girl for my Pickle!

Glad you rehomed these two gorgeous bunnies!!

well technically they are Mutts because pure rexes don't have lopped ears, so they must be crosses with lops.

BUT they are the most gorgeous little buns i've seen in a long time! :D :D

sezzy5889 said:
well technically they are Mutts because pure rexes don't have lopped ears, so they must be crosses with lops.

BUT they are the most gorgeous little buns i've seen in a long time! :D :D
Velveteen lops do :wink:

Thank you....

Wow, what a welcome!! :D

I just wanted to say thank you for all your lovely comments. Maybe they are not "pure" rexes, according to some comments, but I didn't get them with the intention of showing them, I just love their wonderfully soft, velvety fur and cute wiry whiskers!! :D Liam's ears aren't really "loppy," but one of them goes off to the other side which is really sweet! He also likes to stand up on his hind legs which I think is very cute. Ollie's ears are really perky and huge, especially when he hears something interesting!

This morning, Tegan and I have been spending some time with our new babies, who will be 12 weeks old tomorrow.

Ollie is a little more nervous than Liam, and I think he is the guilty party when it comes to not weeing in the litter tray, although I have seen them both use it!! Liam has been excellent in this respect!!! I have noticed quite a few wet poos in the cage this morning, I thought they were supposed to eat them? Maybe it is because they are still settling in to their new home?

We let them both out of their cage this morning for a little expedition around the kitchen. :lol: Hopefully as time goes by they will become true house rabbits, but I will have to bun-proof the house first!

Thanks again for all the comments.

Littley xx

Wow they are amazingly gorgeous :love:

I dont think it matters, but they could be pure rexes, just the one with slight lop ears perhaps has a 'fault' in terms of showing- ie) not a perfect specimen (certainly NOT my take on things :lol: )

They are beautiful and welcome to the forum :D

I couldn't care less if they are "pedigree" rexes or not because................

I think they are just the most beautiful boys! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Welcome to the forum :D

Back