• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

where to get a large rabbit hutch when a shed isnt an option

neeshkabeesh

Warren Scout
I want to start looking for a new hutch for my rabbits. They are currently in a two storey hutch but I don't think its big enough for them, even though their run is attached.

I want the biggest hutch possible. The Thistle Hall hutch at Pets at Home looks good (http://www.petsathome.com/invt/13200) but I don't really like shopping at pet shops that keep animals.

Does anyone know any online sources for large rabbit hutches?

By the way, I would have a shed but my friends' shed in the next street was set on fire. We've had clothes stolen from our washing line before so people can get into the garden somehow if they wanted to. Our garden backs onto a bus route with a path where a lot of people walk by and the shed would be placed at the back of the garden so I don't think it would be safe for them. Also I don't think they'd get as much attention as they do now if they were at the back of the garden, as they're on the patio next to the house at the moment.

yes rehutches are expensive I agree.... but they are more solid than solid... it takes 3 grown men just to lift the hutch an inch of the ground and they quality is next to none....
A lot of people have the happy hutches, I wouldnt go for them just ecause we have such a fox problem, I didnt want a lightish hutch.... but if you dont have a fox problem I would recommen them.

that 6' one with run underneath looks great would larger breeds ie: frenchy be able to negotiate the ladder though? :?

Have you tried local carpenters in your area? Sometimes it's actually cheaper to get them custom built than to buy off the shelf and that way you can specify style/size.

Tam

www.vbhutches.co.uk are advertised in Bunny Mad magazine and their hutches and runs look great

Happy Hutch have stopped using tongue and groove for hutches larger than 4ft, which personally I think is a mistake - surely it makes them thinner and lighter weight?

Wow thanks for the replies, I keep posting in forums and forgetting I've done it! The annoyingness of my rabbit hutch reminded me this time :lol:

I like that 6 foot one but wouldn't it be too small for three rabbits, even with that run? Maybe I'm not picturing the size right.

Thanks for the links, I'll have a look at them all :) my current hutch was made by a carpenter who used to advertise in my local paper, his number is still on the inside of my hutch so I might try his number even though my hutch is a few years old!

Back