• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A concern at a garden centre ...

chloaster

Warren Veteran
I went to one of our local garden centres a couple of days ago and they have rabbits for sale there. They have indoor runs and the rabbits are well looked after as far as I can see. But when I went there this week, there was a rabbit in a much smaller cage and he looked a bit older. I asked about him and they said he was an ex-breeder from out the back and was going cheaper at £20. He was nearly four months old!!!!!! Is this not a bit young to be a retired stud??? :? Does it make any difference to the kits how old their parents are (- health wise) and the other concern I had was I wonder how old the breeding Mums are? :shock:

12 weeks of age is when most rabbits REACH sexual maturity, so unless they were using him as a stud at 8-9 weeks i think somone is telling fibs.

Back