• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

indoor/outdoor rabbits

touie

Wise Old Thumper
do you think rabbits have a preference to be either indoor or outdoor?

do you think it's fair to bond an indoor bunny with an outdoor bunny ?

and if so should the couple live in or out or does it not matter ? :?

I honestly don't know :?

Silver was quite happy outside but I never saw happy feet, now she's inside I see them so much.

I'm having a dilemma over Splodge again :lol: I think he's definately happier outside, but then I have baby Sugarplum who I was intending for him only she's always been indoors :? Otherwise Toffee and Caramel both prefer it outside so I could try him with them? Only they're quite feisty and attacked Fudge so I'm rather wary of that!

Personally I'd move her outside, but if you are planning on this I'd do it soon as the weather is still not too bad, so wont be such a shock to her system and she'll adjust better.

I dont have a spare hutch for her outside thats the problem plus it would need to be a huge one as shes a frenchy

Can you feel another bun or two coming on? One for Splodge outside and one for Sugarplum inside :D :D

My buns prefer being outside.

Sorry! :oops: I thought you were planning on bonding Splodge and Sugarplum so would share a hutch. Kayjays idea sounds good! :D

well I had thought about that :lol: and one for Fudge too! :shock: I had thought that if Sugarplum carries on being as laid back as she is then she might get on better with Fudge and he's happy both inside and out :?

Quite scary though after what he did to Amy, but Amy kept humping his head and I have tried him with Niamh, Toffee and Caramel and he didn't hurt them :?

My 2 rabbits were perfectly happy as outdoor buns, but since I've brought them indoors they have really come on in leaps and bounds (literally!!). I've no idea if they have ever been house rabbits before as both were rescues, but they've certainly taken to the indoor life!

Snoopy was inside for 2 days after his operation and he seemed to get too warm. Now that we have the heating back on, the air gets quite dry. I think he prefers outside, even though he can't rip up the carpet there. :D

mine are much happier outside - the 3 that I've had as house bunnies that is - Tia used to just sit on the carpet next to her crate, and when I put her crate in the kitchen she wouldn't come out at all, for 2 weeks! She really loves running up and down the patio - she just seems to love the fresh air and the bright light outside - looks so perky and happy :)

Benny is happy out or in I think - but he was too destructive to have enough freedom indoors, so he's better off outside in that respect.

Maa used to be very very quiet in my bedroom - hardly knew she was there! But she just lay under the bed looking bored most of the time. When I moved her to the kitchen, so she had access to the patio, she constantly stamped and went mad trying to get out - She's now a happy bunny living in her hutch, as she gets a long run outside and, like Tia, just seems to enjoy the fresh air and all the smells etc outside.

The 4 girls in the shed are 'outside' but seem more like 'inside' bunnies in that they hardly leave the shed - they just aren't bothered and go back in after 5 mins around the patio - they seem to like it in there!

Back