• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vetbed?

ive heard some of you meantion this before. ive looked on ebay for some but i dont really know what it does and how to use it? do u just place it in sleeping quarters under the hay and change it everyday ? sorry im so new to all this lol

:wave:

Hiya :D Vet bed can be used for a number of things... to keep poorly pets warm, to stop incontinent pets getting urine scold/burn (if thats the right termonology) or to use after an operation so that your pet is comfy.

I have some in Rudys cage at the mo as he seems to have forgotten his litter tray manners :roll: But even though it says its not chewable, Sophie managed it :roll:

Oooh, It's also good for putting in the bottom of the pet carrier when you go to the vets. It will stop your bun sliding around and keep them dry if they doo happen too wee!!

You can get it from PAH but its not really a necessity as your buns should be fine with hay/straw/bedding etc :D

its quite good if your buns are in a dog crate, i have some lining the bottom of Rosies cage, she is an angel with her toilet manners so its always clean, but it draws moisture down, similar to a nappy so if they are led on top they stay dry!!

its dead easy to keep clean and wash and dosent fray at the edges, its not chew proof no matter what they say!!

I love my vet bed.
I have it covering the floor of my shed. and have some spare as a change.
Nice and comfey to sit on. Warm for the rabbits. Good if your rabbit has or might be prone to sore hocks.
If they have a wee accident and go for a pee pee on it. It soaks through to the bottom and the top stays dry.

Washes really easy and dries quick too.
Did i mention I love my vet bed!! :lol:

I have an old bun who suffers with arthritis (and has lost all his good toilet training as a result) so I use vet bed. My bun has never liked to sleep in hay (for him hay is to be eaten and pooped on!) so vet bed is a way of giving him something soft and warm to lie on but still really easy to keep clean.

I bought a huge roll off ebay and just cut it to the sizes I needed so I now have loads to line the hutches (I use it for guinea pigs as well) and line the shed floor for my bun, and have plenty of spares so I can change it everyday.

I have a piece which I put in the hutch day area over newspaper just because it is nice and soft for them (which is especially good as my rabbits are rexes) and saves on bedding! The only problem is that Ruby loves it and snuggles up on it but Millie has some kind of Vendetta against it, last night she pulled it all up and left a big pile of poos where it usually is. Then she gave me this look like "Now will you please stop leaving that stupid thing in my hutch!" :roll:

oooh brilliant, I was just wondering about it myself. I think thes might solve all my problems (not my personal ones obviousely-I am well trained :wink: )

Back