• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

EMERGENCY VET TRIP!! Update+Pics!

mit

Mama Doe
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Im shaking as i type this. I went to see the buns this afternoon at about 4:10 to clean out their litter trays. I went to Stud and i cleaned his out as normal. Then i went to the girls hutch. I noticed a bits of fur, not a lot. I just thought they just had bit of a playful scrap. Only seen fur in the hutch once before ages ago and the buns were fine then. They have lived together since they were 8 weeks. When i was walking towards the hutch to get them out and i kinda noticed one of missys eye was a bit red from a distance, first i thought it was myxi and then saw her other looked fine so i just got the out and popped her on the side, but it was a struggle of get her out. Never got that many scarchs off her. And then i looked closely at her eye, all i did was i touched the top of the eye lid. :shock: :shock: Shes had split her eye lid open!!! :cry: :cry: I could see her whole eye ball. :cry: I paused for a second and then i just ran up stairs crying screaming to my mum that we have to the Vets NOW!! She paniced and grabbed. She then calmed be down and gave me a quick glass of water. And the i was straight on to the phone to the Surgery, spoke to Donna (ARC) and she told me to take her to the Richmond Surgery as Christobel was off today. I rang them up and asked to see Tim ASAP, he was due to leave work at 5pm and it was 4.30. I was told if i didnt get there on time i would have to see Liz. Eeeeek! So i got Missy, Jet and Shadow in to the carrier and got my dad to drive me down. I was not getting there any quick, kept hitting traffic light after traffic light in Brenford and the hit even more Traffic in Kew. I was shaking all the way! Aaaaaaaaaah!! Rang the surgery at 4.59 requesting the nurse to ask Tim to hold on and that i will be there asap. Which he did! He had a look at missy's eye. He said that they would not be able stich her eye cause it would ruin the shape of her eye lid and she would not be able to close her eye. So now she has been checked in for the night, by her without Shadow and Jet. Shes gonna have her op in the morning, they're gonna anethesize her and then glue it back. :cry: :cry: Im soo scared she might not come around or she might loose her eye!! :cry: :cry: :cry: I dont know if him sending Jet and Shadow home was good idea? Will they accpect her back?? I really do hope this fight is a one off! :cry: They were all gonna be booked for the OP next week. At work tomorrow, wont be able to think about anything accept her! Tims gonna call me at work to tell me when my mum can go pick her up. :cry: :cry:

m
xx

Oh god that sounds so scary! Loads of vibes for Missy. So nice of the vet to stay on though, I bet you were in a right state!

Blimey, sounds awful. :shock: I wonder how the injury happened. Hope all goes well tomorrow.

Aw :( poor bun and poor you :( that must have been a real fright

Sending healing vibes for Missy and claming ones for you

Thanx guys!!!

I just keep bursting into tiers every so often. Im just real scared at the mo! Thanx for the support!

m
xx

mit said:
Thanx guys!!!

I just keep bursting into tiers every so often. Im just real scared at the mo! Thanx for the support!

m
xx

Awwww, sending you looooads of hugs! I'm sure she'll be ok, this thing happened to one of my online friends not long back and she was certain her bun was off to the bridge, but now he's perfectly back to normal apart from a scar :D :D

xEMMAx said:
mit said:
Thanx guys!!!

m
xx

Awwww, sending you looooads of hugs! I'm sure she'll be ok, this thing happened to one of my online friends not long back and she was certain her bun was off to the bridge, but now he's perfectly back to normal apart from a scar :D :D

Thanx soo much! :cry: Just seen the link, looks and sounds like what has happened to missy without the cheeky bit. Thank god!

m
xx

OMG what a horrid shock for you, sending you hugs and your bun nose rubs. Good luck for tomorrow with her op xx

Blimey what a nightmare :shock:
Hope Missy will soon be healed.
Rabbits should come with a Government Health Warning.......

' Having Rabbits Can Cause Serious Stress and Anxiety'...... :shock:

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
Rabbits should come with a Government Health Warning.......

' Having Rabbits Can Cause Serious Stress and Anxiety'...... :shock:

HELL YEAH THEY SHOULD!!!

I was REALLY tested today. Didnt relise how much you love someone untill they are hurt or taken away from you. And i relised that today with my buns! LOVES YOU GUYS TOO MUCH!!!

m
xx

You poor thing! Had to take my Gus to the vets a while ao with stasis, I was in tears nearly all day I was so worried about him, I don't know how i'd cope with anything more serious :(

Let us know how your gorgeous girl gets on

awwww ((hugs)) I know exactly how you feel. A while ago my buns turned on each other when I tried to rescue a 3rd bunny ( nomad who is now with jane :D ) although my buns couldn't get to him they could smell him and just started ripping each other to bits :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: it was such a shock and very upsetting. Storm managed to rip Gypsys top and bottom eyelid open too :shock: I couldn't believe it when I saw it hanging off!! I cried and cried and blamed myself for ages :cry: :cry: :cry:
Thankfully Gypsy was all stiched up and is now as good as new :D and she and storm are loved up again :D . I'm sure your baby will be ok too. I was so worried about Gypsy and she did look very worse for wear when i got her back from the vets with her shaved face and swollen stitched up eye :( but you wouldn't even know what she had been through now, she looks as beautiful as she was before :D
please don't blame yourself. you can never for see how our bunies will behave or what they will do next :?
good luck to missy xxx

Sorry to hear about Missy, what a shock! My rabbit too had very severe eye injuries after a fight and the vet fixed her right up no problem, eye injuries can look a million tmes worse than they are and boy do they bleed! Will have her in my thoughts tomorrow, try to relax {hugs}

Back