• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

walk in runs

anamaria

Warren Scout
does anyone have a walk in runs for their bunnys? its my birthday soon and i couldnt think of anything i really wanted for myself so they are going to build me a walk in run instead :) . so i was just wondering if anyone has got pics of their runs so i can see how other people have it set up, and do you know where i can get the really thick, fox proof wire like you get on thistle hall?
thanks
ana

We've currently only got a 8ftx4ftx3ft run, which i have to climb over to get in, so i was thinking about making it 8ftx8ftx6ft, so that i could have a door. the mesh wire can be brought at most DIY placed. I got a roll from B&Q,

One of our rabbit groups has an 8 x 6ft greenhouse as a run, it's attached to a wendy house and the buns access it via a petflap (catflap was too wee). We removed all the glass and replaced the roof and the top half of the frame with polypropeline sheets to give some shelter from rain, the rest is covered with weldmesh. We also changed the door to a wood and weldmesh one with a sliding bolt to keep it shut.

If you can get hold of an old greenhouse, this may be an option for you but you have to make sure you make it secure and preditor-proof.

pics025.jpg

heres mine :D

bunnyhuggger said:
If you can get hold of an old greenhouse, this may be an option for you but you have to make sure you make it secure and preditor-proof.

:) sounds like a really good idea to use a greenhouse, but my sisters boyfriend is a carpenter/builder so is going to make it out of wood.

Back