• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sick Bunny

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
I got home late from work last night cos Audit Exit Meeting, & little baby bun Kendra (part of bonded 9 - 16 weeks old) was laid on her side, all messed up - not seen one in that state before.Her eyes were all dull & she was floppy.(She was a bit quiet yesterday morning, but was eating -always first to feed trays!)

Rushed her straight up to vets last night, & he gave her a jab. She came around a bit & I managed to get her to eat some porridge last night. She ate a bit of brocolli & porridge this morning, & I'm finishing work in a bit, so can make sure she's still ok (my friend is with her this morning). Not sure what caused it but she was in a right state. She's not touched her hay or pellets, but has done some poops. Her eyes are brighter & she's sitting up. She's still quet. I'm picking other buns up from vets after neuters, so can take her along again if necessary.

Feel a bit bad splitting her from her friends, but want to watch her.
Any advice appreciated :( .

Hi Angie .
did vet not know what it might be ?

some one once advised me to try tomato juice for floppy buns as it could be a vitamin deficiently .

sweet pea recently had a similar illness and it worked for her .

Angie

Aww poor wee thing XX I have no advice angie sorry i would just keep my eyes peeled and get to the vets if your worried XX Sending hugs and snuggles

Awww poor Kendra :(

Is she drinking ok? Maybe she could be a bit dehydrated or something?

Just an idea but I'm no expert really.

Hope the little one is better soon.

Her sisters send her love and snuggles xx

Sending lots of healing vibes.

Have you got any Critical Care Angie?

I mix this with Avipro (probiotic) for my really poorly rabbits and mix it in with their food or syringe it to them with mashed pellets if they’re anorexic.

http://www.noahs-cupboard.co.uk/detail.asp?catno=4&pnum=A2A7I

If she has got diarrhoea you could try feeding a few Bramble leafs, as they are really good for the digestive system.

I recently had to split one of my special needs rabbits from his group of six, as he needed intensive nursing for a week. Put him back with his friends a few days ago and its like he’s never been away.

Louise

ellepotter said:
I recently had to split one of my special needs rabbits from his group of six, as he needed intensive nursing for a week. Put him back with his friends a few days ago and its like he’s never been away.

Louise

Excellent. i'm going to leave her a little while & then re-bond. (I'll keep feeding separate so i can keep an eye on her)

Kendra is ok now guys - cheers for advice :D Think she likes being The Kitchen Bun (Yes - Buns are slowly taking over the house :lol: ) She runs to the fridge as soon as i open it - Gonna have to watch I don't shut her in :lol:

Hi Angie.....sorry she's not been well. Is there a chance she may have been picked on by the others? Shock can send them floppy....
Hpe all the neuters went smoothly

honeybunny said:
Hi Angie.....sorry she's not been well. Is there a chance she may have been picked on by the others? Shock can send them floppy....
Hpe all the neuters went smoothly

Just PMd you Jill re neuters :D
I don't think she was picked on :? She seems to get on with all buns & is usually sitting in the feed dish first - & no scabs or anything. Will keep an eye on her though

Angie65 said:
& is usually sitting in the feed dish first

Hmmmm... Sounds like 2 girls I know :?

They are soooo greedy! They jumped me this morning for food :lol: :lol: :lol:

And yesterday, they jumped in the box with the food, and made me drop it aaaaaaall over the floor :? :lol:

Greedy bunnies! :lol:

Back