• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

old Grumpy thumper update ...NO GA

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
My old man Grumpy Thumper is still with us and eating well and lively . He is still living with flopsey and they are often cuddled up together although she does push him about a bit at times .

however he has lost loads of weight over the last few months and he is just weeing anywhere and everywhere .

will have to order some vet bed i think but not sure how practical this is going to be outdoors in a hutch .

im worried about the cold weather . :(

Aww Im glad Thumper is still here - Miracle in it's self is it not?! :D I use vet bed outdoors now Tilly has moved into an outside hutch and its great. Hugs for your lovely boy X

Take care little Thumper.

Where's the best place to get vet bed from Angie up here in our neck of the woods?

Rabs

last time i got pro fleece instead . it was a lot cheaper than the original vet bed and it works fine . Think it was from pro fleece own site

ordering some more tonight or tomorrow so will let you know what i pay .

Angie

Aww, poor chap! Porridge is good for putting on weight and soft on the teeth too ;) I mix it with warm water in winter as a bedtime snack.

It might help to line the base of the hutch with lino then put vet bed over the top. As long as the rain doesn't blow in it should work fine. I have a clear piece of perspex that fits over the hutch front (with a gap for ventilation. They can still see out/me in but it keeps the wind/rain out.

I also have a snugglesafe but they sit out in their run even when it's cold so they can't be that bothered by the weather... I think it's just me :lol:

Angie is there not a vet in your area who does teeth without GA? Shame if not..Coventry is too far for you to travel ...
wishing him luck

Aww, poor chap! Porridge is good for putting on weight and soft on the teeth too I mix it with warm water in winter as a bedtime snack.

hes having oats but Flopsey pinches off him ...so shes the one getting fatter :shock: :roll:

fingers crossed for tomorrow

jill ,
our vets wont do his teeth without GA :cry: [/quote]

Escaped without a dental today .

Thumpers spur only just starting to show .

His gums look sore though so on a course of baytril again :?

At least we didnt have the worry of a GA

Angie

They are a worry these older buns with their tooth probs arnt they louise .

I too take Thumper out at feed times and i feed him several times a day a bit... often ...as he cant manage a lot at once probably due to his sore gums.
nothing seems to be helping him gain weight though .

I know he is happier now he is paired with Flopsey but it is much harder to manage his food intake .

i also feed him extra veggies now as he seems to realy enjoy these.

Sorry Angie, only just caught up with this.
Hope the Baytril helps Thumper's sore gums
Major Tom had a GA/Dental yesterday. He is having to have them done every 3-4 weeks now :shock: :cry:

Janex

Awwww I wish him the best. My Zippy is having a dental again on Monday, poor old bunnies and their tooty pegs :(

Back