• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a few questions about spaying

In 4 weeks I'm having Frida spayed. My other girl bunnies came "done" so I dont know what to expect.

She is a houserabbit so I will be able to keep an eye on her and I'm planning on having it done on Friday so I have the weekend to look after her.

She's quite lively and I'm worried about her catching the wound. She lives in an enclosure with a small dog cage for her litter tray. Should i confine her to the cage for the first day or two?

Also will having the central heating on be sufficient or do i need something extra? I dont own a microwave so a heat-pad is out of the question. Is there anything else I could use?

Thanks

Hi Sarah ,
she'll be fine with the heating on . You could drape a blanket over her crate for the first night to help stop draughts but i realy wouldnt worry
i'd keep her in for a couple of days but than she should be fine to stretch her legs as long as theres nothing to climb or jump on , and just watch her on laminate as if her feet slip she could pull herself .

hope all goes well

Angie

Thanks Angie :) I feel a bit better knowing what to expect now. I'll put a blanket down so she's not skidding round the kitchen floor.

She was booked in for next week but Rebecca came back from her holidays and said she personally wouldnt do her until 6 months but I must admit I'm glad cos she's my baby.

Hopefully she'll get on better with Bracken afterwards when they move into their posh girls room.

Indoors will be fine she will be warm enough.Leave her in peace for a couple of days. What is important to know is thats its vital they eat. A lot of times for the first day they wont eat so tempt her with goodies :lol: .She should be back to eating as normal after two days if shes not then as the vet for a gut stimulating injection. val

Back