• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

this sounds a bit worrying...

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
Does anyone have any advice they can offer? Or can take this bun? (Is it syphilis?)

http://household.uk.freeads.net/I_have_a_rabbit_who-329617.htm
I have a rabbit who i am giving away free to a good home. She is a mini lop doe that i rescued. She was in awful conditions and has a sore vulva that is unlikely to get better. She is a lovely bunny though so i refuse to have her put down as she is happy and lively in herself. She would make a good pet but would not be suitable to breeding as their is a chance that this was a sexually transmitted disease. The vets can no longer help her as antibiotics wont cure it she just needs a loving home to live out her days.

(DROITWICH...wherever that is)

Antibiotics don't work on this condition. This rabbit will need to be treated with penicillin for the rest of her life, in order to reduce the symptons of this vents disease

I have emailed advertiser.
If Treponamatosis its treatable with Depocillin injection once a week for 3 weeks

Janex

my rexes had syph when i got them (and little boo who vicki now has), they had penicillin injections once a week for 3 weeks. they are all fine now and bonded :wink:

She arrived today, and it is a classic case of rabbit syphyllis. Their vet even said it was but tried to treat it with baytril :roll:

She is a gorgeous little gray mini-lop, apparently in good condition apart from her vent. A course of penicillin will soon sort that out.

I'll try and get a pic tomorrow. Today was somewhat hectic.

Back