• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do friendly buns change when they get a friend?

Well MJ has started legging it into the hutch with Pippa whenever I go in the shed, unless of course I'm carrying spring greens :lol: :lol: However if I sit and wait he comes out for nose rubs and love :D So I wouldn't say he's become less friendly but he certainly copies what she does and if she runs he does too. When I have a cuddle with him though she hops over and looks curious so I'm hoping she'll realise it's not that bad to be picked up for a cuddle.

i think friendly buns can teach other buns to be friendly plus you can adopt a friendly bun and then you have two!

I do think it very much depends on the buns. Sometimes a friendly bun can teach a nervous bun to be more friendly, sometimes a friendly bun is so overwhelmed by having a friend of his or her own species, that they lose some interest in their human. It's quite difficult to tell how they're going to be, but I can assure you that when you see two loved up buns together, you won't be able to help but to go...awwww...

Dexter is not as friendly since he bonded with Amber but I don't mind at all seeing as he's with her 24 hours a day and only sees me for a couple of hours!

AlisonA said:
I do think it very much depends on the buns. Sometimes a friendly bun can teach a nervous bun to be more friendly, sometimes a friendly bun is so overwhelmed by having a friend of his or her own species, that they lose some interest in their human. It's quite difficult to tell how they're going to be, but I can assure you that when you see two loved up buns together, you won't be able to help but to go...awwww...

Aw, its lovely isnt it :love:

Audrey already has her husbun in waiting :lol: , but just wondered if she was likely to change really. Im looking forward to introducing them as I think she'll love having a proper friend rather than following me or the cat around :lol:

Mia will still leave her food to come and sit on my knee when I open the crate.. Colin still isn't convinced :lol: although he doesn't run away anymore when I stroke him... :D

Zion is still his old self but as I am not able to bring him in the house in the evenings I think he is enjoying Fia's company more and just sniffs me for food :lol:. I have been making slow progress with Fia but she isn't very keen on being fussed when I come and say hello. She is pretty skittish. I am hoping her being spayed will help but I know i will always get hugs from Zi so as long as she is happy with him and she doesn't bite me I'm happy :)

Shiv

Niamh did, she used to live in my bedroom and sleep on the end of my bed every night but as soon as she had Splodge she didn't want to know! He went from being really laid back and outgoing to being quite nervous, and she went from being nervous to outgoing :? A

Amy on the otherhand although she was only with him for 10 days, seemed to love him and snuggle with him but still had time to come and give me kisses :D

Isaac has so totally changed snowflake - we love it,... shes not very cuddly unlike him, but then again she never really has been....
but now shee loves rolling round the floor with you and just being anywhere near you if she can and if hes a round- so yeah I think another bunny definately changes the other one.

I think it depends on the bunnies. We had Rosie first and then got Leo. Leo came from Kirkby so I don't think he had much attention and previously he was with a breeder so he didn't want to interact with us and now Rosie is much the same despite our efforts. But they are happy bunnies and groom each other all the time

On the other hand Dandelion is such a cuddly bun and when we got Florence he became more cuddly - now she is the same and you have to stroke them both at the same time otherwise one gets upset!!

Back