• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update, new baby bunny is here in Cumbria!

Bundle

Mama Doe
Hi everyone :D

I'm looking for a friend for my nearly 3 yr old, spayed dwarf lop, Bundle. It would have to be a neutered and vaccinated male as I've read that she will bond better that way. She is spayed and vaccinated and very healthy. She's always been a single house bunny but since we moved to a house with wooden floors she doesn't much like coming in any more because she skids on the floor! We've built her a big hutch and run in our garage, so I think she needs some company.

We live near Penrith in Cumbria, and I've tried our local rescue but none of the ones they have are neutered, so I wouldn't really like to get one and try to bond them only to have to separate them again to get him 'done'.

If anyone knows someone who might fit the bill please let me know.

Here's hoping to find a friend for my little girl! :D
Vicki

Could the rescue get a boy neutered for you if you agree to pay the cost? If there's a bun there you like it might be worth doing :)

Hi Mandy, yeah I'm going to ask them if they will, but still not sure whether to bring one home first then get him neutered, or whether to get them to get him done then bring him home :?

Just don't know what to do for the best really but definitely want to get a rescue bun! Love the idea of giving a loving home to a worthy little bunny :)

I think people generally say not ot introduce an un-neutered boy to a spayed girl, as he's likely to pester her which could mean they fight.

But I suppose if you got a young boy, who wasnt yet hormonal, you could get him neutered asap when he's ready....there's no need to split them when he's neutered- your bun could go to the vets with him :)

Will keep my fingerd crssed you find a nice boy x

Thanks Mandy :D I read that too, which was why I wanted a neutered one.

Our local rescue has a couple that are around 5 months old - will they be sexually active at that age? Is it the same as with cats and you can get them done at 6 months?

I love Bundle so much and I wouldn't want her to be pestered.... and she's much older at nearly 3 (although not an old lady yet!) :wink:

I say yes they are sexually active at 5 months, mine most certainly were, i had Ralph neutered at 7 months, but the nurse said as soon as their plums drop they can be done :)

Bundle said:
Thanks Mandy :D I read that too, which was why I wanted a neutered one.

Our local rescue has a couple that are around 5 months old - will they be sexually active at that age? Is it the same as with cats and you can get them done at 6 months?

I love Bundle so much and I wouldn't want her to be pestered.... and she's much older at nearly 3 (although not an old lady yet!) :wink:

they can be neutered at 4- 6 months :)

Bundle looks gorgeous....where does her name come from?

Hee hee! :oops: she was christened Bundle by my husband who bought her for me for Valentine's day in 2004 :love: he called it her because he said she was like a bundle of fluff! :lol:

If you get the rescue to neuter one of the boys, after a few weeks if your girl is neutered you could then get them introduced at the rescue before bringing them home together ... that way you dont have to worry abot having 2 lots of hutches ...

I'm in newcastle, desperate home needed for a baby boy bun, about 12 weeks old. He's agouti and white, quite small and very friendly :D
Rescued from RSPCA '4 day rule' :evil: , I'm stowed off with buns at the moment at work (private vet practice with a tolerent boss but there's too many!) but all others are female...

Ooh! another Vicki spelt the same way I do! Can you send me a pic of him? Newcastle is about 2 hours away I think... could we meet half way possibly? atcually if we met at Scotch Corner that's less than half way for you.... let me know.

Vicki x

Vicki, I'll get pics for you tommorow :D Unfortunately I dont drive, but I'm sure I could get him to Scotch Corner via someone if needs be!

Bundle said:
Hee hee! :oops: she was christened Bundle by my husband who bought her for me for Valentine's day in 2004 :love: he called it her because he said she was like a bundle of fluff! :lol:

Aw, thats lovely :lol:

Hi Phill, the only reason I said a boy bun was because I've read on all the forums that a spayed female (as Bundle is) would bond better with a neutered male.

Is this not necessarily the case? because if not then I would definitely consider a girl if her temperament was friendly and she was healthy.

Thanks, Vicki x

OMG Vicki, im very sorry I forgot to get photos of the little guy! :oops:
He's getting castrated tomorrow, I'll remember to take my camera to work with me to get pics of him before his op!

I cant offer any advise on bonding females but I do know of females living together, dont know if they were bonded or were always together though.
I've got a gorgeous female needing a home too, been with us for about 5 weeks and was speyed 4 weeks ago so very settled, very friendly, loves cuddles, medium sized REW bunny!

Look forward to seeing the pics tomorrow - I've pm'd you but not sure if it went because it's not in my sent box :?

If he's getting done tomorrow then that's great! :D

Talk to you then.

Vicki x

Hiya BUndle Females can live together just as happily as a boy girl pair or a boy boy pair, esp if the neutered, girls just tend to have a little more attitude than boys, i have a group of 4 3 girls 1 boy non of the girls are spayed, two have always been together and the third was bonded in, it's all down to temprement really, your best option is to find a rescue that could help you find Bundle the perfect partner, i have a girly bun here and im in dumfries not too far from you, but she would need alot of work to get her people friendly, bun friendly she already is. If you can find a place with some buns that you like and take bundle down to meet them XX

Back