• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I wish I hadn't made an impulse purchase

Hells

Warren Scout
Just need to get this off my chest...

I needed to move my bunnies outdoors so bought a 5 x 5 playhouse which is great, the 4 bunsters love it :)

BUT, I cannot stand up inside and feeding and cleaning every day is a real chore and I come out with back ache :cry:

I can cope now but I'm planning on having a baby within the next 18 months and I am not sure how I will manage - I wish I thought about buying a proper shed....

Anyone else had a similar experience and got any advice for me???

x

What i would say is for you to raise it off the ground to your level. You could bulid a frame for it to go on. Also could make a run underneath it for them. Its idea.

m
xx

ps. hope that makes sence?? :oops:

Awwww don't you just hate it when it doesn't work out as you think. The only thing is that it probably won't make as much difference as you think - most of the cleaning, feeding etc takes place at floor level so you're bent over anyway. Are they litter trained? If not, you could take some time to try and encourage them to use a tray near the door so it's an easier job to clean the tray daily. Is there any way you could fix a little waterproof cabinet to the outside so you can sort the food etc out whilst standing up, to minimise the whole bending over thing?

(PS Sorry mit I changed the start of this in case you're confused, didn't want you to think I was saying that what you said didn't make sense :lol: )

take a bag of hay and sit on that to clean them out, thats what i do :lol: But them i'm strange I often go round on my knees when vacuming the carpet :lol:

IsabelM said:
I do that! Thought I was strange. :lol:
is that the sitting on a bag of hay or the hoovering on your knees? i have a seat i sit on to clean out the hutch, dont see why it wouldnt be just as useful in the playhouse.

None of you have come up with the obvious answer have you :roll:

Get hubby to clean them out!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mine are in a playhouse. I'm not a lot taller than it but i can't stand in it! :roll: I've trained the buns to use a litter tray so it's easy to just lift it out and clean it outside. I fill the bowls either in the kitchen or on a table outside the house. Once you get used to it it probably won't really bother you :)
You could add a second story to the playhouse. That's what we did. It's about a third of the size of the main floor. I put the food up there sometimes so it means less bending over :wink:

Thanks for the advice everyone :D

They have a wooden box with holes each side that they love climbing in and on, last night I took a hand towel and folded it on top the box to sit on - perfect! It was comfy and it didn't collapse, they were all climbing up my legs as if to say, oi, that's our toy!

Problem solved for now, Sue, I like your idea though!

Back