• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

poor bunnies

TRACEY

Banned
Had our two younger buns castrated yday, they doing ok and still living happily together.

Dave and Roger are still not getting along with each other, Dave is at the vets now having stitches following a fight with Roger. We tried Roger in with Blue and Billy earlier but he wasnt happy with them either :cry: . Growling and thumping his back legs, what exactly does they mean when they thump?.

So Billy and Blue are enjoying the huge shed conversion and run all to themselves.

Roger and Dave are in an old hutch seperated, totally fed up and not eating much. Taking Roger for a check over later too when we collect Dave :cry: .

Stuck for ideas, hate seeing them like this, all 4 got on so well for months

Tracey x

sorry to hear they're not getting on now, I'm afrain I can't offer much help though :?

awwww thanks anyway!.

Had an idea though after seeing Suzannes new big shed (photo section) with hutches inside!

It might work :roll:

Tracey x

Yes that would be good if you have enough room for a big shed, if I had the space thats what I'd do :D

would need 3 hutches inside it though so will need to be pretty big, one for blue and billy to share, one for roger on his own and one for dave on his own.

Then they can see each other but cant make contact

Tracey x

Aw, tracey I really dont think you should give up just yet.

Try the four of them again in a minimum (IMO) of 6-8 weeks on neutral territory, and try a few of the usual tips such as neutral terirtory for a couple of days, food and toys as a distraction, car trip in a cat carrier etc.

I will try again Mandy, its just 6-8 weeks is quite a long time for Roger and Dave to be so crammed in the smaller hutch, Roger at the top and dave at the bottom. I have a run they can use but obviously I have to keep changing one from the top to the bottom so they dont have contact.

They seem to be cross with me :roll:.

Thanks for your advice.

Tracey x

Aw, I see what you mean :(
Perhaps you could try and get the neutered boys back together soon then? And then add the other two in a few weeks?

Back