• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Couple of boarding ques...

Rabbers

Mama Doe
Hi!

My two rabbits are going on their hols for 4 nights tomorrow and I have never taken them to a boarders before. I have had them about 4 months and they are 4 years old.
What should I expect from them when i get them there and then when i pick them up again on monday? How long does it take to get used to being home again?
Do they get better the more they do this and meet new people and smells?

And a silly one, should I take green foods with me aswell as their dry food? (I'll prob just ring the lady about that tomorrow morning :oops: ).

Thanks xxx

Right, Have you been to visit on your own?

Are you completely happy with where they will be staying, any exercise they will be getting etc :?:

If it would make you feel better, take their bowls, beds, favourite toys ect with them

Also if you want make a list of their fave veg, rough times when you feed, any routine you have with them etc, that way you know they'll still have something familiar to them.

Remember its a big change for them as well as you :wink:

dont know im afraid but im sure they will be ok

id just phone and ask the border about the food as im sure some supply it and some dont :D

Some rabbits have a bit of a personality change when the get back, can be a bit aggressive, we have some owners call us up after they've been here and ask whats happened, its usually uneutered animals that have just gotten very worked up over all the smells of the other rabbits they've been around, and usually settle down after a few days again :)

thanks everyone!

I'm very happy with the boarding place and the lovely lady who runs it. And i am already planning on taking fresh food with me so I know they are eating what they would get at home - more for the home comfort of that than anything else.
I am also getting them a little teddy bear today for them to get used to in their own hutch - so it smells right and then will smell of home in their holiday hutch.

And i'm hoping they will get to meet other rabbits through fences/runs etc as that will keep them occupied and distracted.

Thanks for the reassurance they will get used to being at home again after a few days. I'd hate it if they went back to when they didn't like me again (when i first brought them home with me after 3-4yrs at their old house). :cry:

Back