• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PICKLE HAVING "THE OP" - UPDATE SATURDAY EVENING

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
Pickle is just getting ready to go to the vets for his neutering. I am really nervous and scared he wont come home :( but know he needs this done so he can have a friend. Lots of good luck vibes needed please!

Aww, keep yourself busy until you can 'phone the vet. Waiting is horrible, isn't it?
Sending lots of good luck vibes to Pickle, he'll be home with you safe and sound before you know it.

Good luck Pickle! :D I know how hard it is - I cried the whole day while Bundle was there being spayed, but after a couple of days she was absolutely fine and back to her usual self again so don't worry.

Sending big hugs to you and Pickle :lol:

Well he has had the op and he is "fine". But they might keep him in overnight. I have to phone at 5.30 to see the outcome.

Why does he have to stay in overnight. Something must be wrong :( :( :( :(

Bex said:
Did they not say why? I'd ring back and ask why they might want to keep him in..he's your bun and you have the right to know!

They said all the bunnies might be kept in. She seemed a bit nervous. Said bunnies are slower to get over an op so they need to make sure they eat/poo/drink ok

If it's just a case of him not eating or pooing yet I'd be tempted to bring him home, surely he's more likely to relax in familiar surroundings and you can keep an eye on him overnight and tempt him with his favourite foods. When my bun was spayed she came home and didn't eat anything except a bit of grated carrot until the next day. Hope he's ok xx

Well the vets are not letting Pickle come home tonight :( :( Not sure if they are just being cautious or not... receptionist was very matter of fact.

Problem is I have planned a day to Chessington tomorrow with the kids as it is half term, so not sure when I am going to get him back now and am gonna spend all day thinking about him at the vets :( :(

When my two girls went in for their spays Effie came round fine but Jess was really slow to recover so they kept them both in overnight and they were both fine. I'm sure your little one will be fine, some buns are a bit slower to come round than others, if I understand things right the fact that Pickle has come round means he's past the worst of it. Fingers crossed for him.x

Lucky stayed in overnight and nearly caused me a breakdown :oops:

He refused to eat until he came home :roll:

Pickle is home :D :D

He was able to be collected this afternoon - was at Chessington with the kids so left early and rushed back to get to him before the vets closed!!

Lots of money spent on tickets for Chessington but couldnt leave poor Pickle in the vets!

He is indoors and seems ok. Seen him eat hay and veg but not seen him drink or eat his pellets. Doing poops/wee.

What can I do with him now? Can I pick him up etc?

Back