• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nervous bunny

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
I am not sure if this is just natural bunny behaviour but I notice when I am holding my bunny - even if we are having a long cuddle on the sofa he is constantly shaking. Is this normal?

He doesnt feel too scared as he is happy to sit on me if I dont hold him and he does clamber on me and up to my shoulder so he cannot be too stressed.

What do you think?

Not a lot I can add, but my two are the same :roll:

If I cuddle them outside they are fine, but the minute I bring them into the kitchen they look as if they are petrified!! :?

Anybody got any ideas?

It's probably rapid breathing rather than shaking :) It could be he is nervous or possibly getting too warm?

A new environment like a kitchen might make a rabbit nervous to start with. Remeber everything is much bigger and more smelly to a rabbit so their is a lot that could be dangerous. Some bunnies are more nervous than others when it comes to new situations. It might help if you let your bunnies get down and explore it in their own time so they get used to it... presuming it's bunny safe of course :)

Tam

Rapid breathing does seem more descriptive - I did let Pickle run around the living room for about an hour before I picked him up for a cuddle. I am trying to let him in more and shut the cats out (although he scares the cats more than they him) so he gets more used to humans!

In the summer we were out in the garden lots but now it is getting colder I am conscious of him being lonely (until I get him a ladyfriend).

I have a rabbit that when let free in the house, sits there for hours on end and seriously, just will not move at all. She isnt nervous and her bonded mates are in too.. and they hop about to explore whilst she just sits there. When I pick her up she is fine and when my brother picks her up she starts breathing rapidly... so I guess it all comes down to what the bunny finds scary?

Bunyipboy, my Simba does exactly the same thing. I thought it was because he doesn't like the laminate flooring. But, my daughter took him upstairs as we only have carpet on the stairs and landing and he still just sat there, never moved at all.

I had intended to bond him with Tinkerbell my house rabbit, but I can't do until Simba starts to move round indoors!

Kate x

my alfie used to do that to, i found if i held him a bit tighter and closer to me he felt more secure and it stopped. he doesnt do it anymore as hes getting more used to being cuddled. :)

Back