• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New cage/hutch for bunnies - help needed please!

buddabun

Warren Veteran
Hi guys. I currently have 2 buns - a nethie and a mini lop (a bit smaller than average) and they live in an indoor cage with free reign of the upstairs.

We've jsut moved and our landlady doesn't allow "free roaming" pets. OF course we can pretend they stay in teh cage all the time but I'm wondering if I should get them a bigger one...

The one I have at the moment is similar to the one here http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/rabbit_cage/30343 only deeper and wider (and probably taller too) so I was wondering if I should get them an outdoor hutch. I could keep it upstairs for the winter and let them out in the summer. We only have paving slabs for a garden but we're moving in 2 years and may have a garden then so should I go for outdoors? I'm quite tempted by a hutch since then I can at least let them get some fresh air even though they can't roam free around the garden.

Can anyone recommend any good websites? I've had friends order cages from zooplus and they've seemed good but if anyone has any other suggestions...? Also what sort of size should I be going for?

Sorry this post is so long but I wanted to ask.

Thanks
BB

Many people on here go for dog cages, either 42 or 48 inches. Ebay sell them at a good price. If you do a search you can see some fab piccies of people who have put shelves etc in theirs, combine it with an inside run and an outside run for summer and you have the best of both worlds.

Otherwise happyhutch sell good hutches in their ebay shop or many people are happy with Thistle Hall from Pets at Home, it's not the recommended 5ft width but it's two story and is fine for small bunnies.

Looks good! A lot of people on here have large Dog crates. You can get them on eBay for a good price i believe. :D

m
xx

Back