• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny peeing on sofa and other questions

Kittykat23uk

Mama Doe
Hi,

I have a couple of questions about bunny behaviour and what to do about it.

Tappet has taken to peeing on the sofa when he is in in the evenings. I'm not overly keen on him doing this as you can imagine and was wondering if there is anything I can do to discourage him? He seems to try and do it when my back is turned. :roll:

Also, Gasket seems to like licking a soft toy bunny I have, is this ok or should I stop him from doing it?

They are outdoor buns but come in in the evenings for a run around.

My house rabbit has in the past two years, peed a couple of times on my couch. I had to wash the smell of pee off and then spray with febreeze to discourage him from returning to the smell. Its part of having a rabbit unfortunately and generally he is an angel. I now have a throw over the seating section of the couch.

If he is not neutered, he may improve after this.

Dont know about peeing on the sofa - my Gus did something similar on the bed when I kept in him my bedroom last year. I ended up putting him in another room and when I let him back in the bedroom a few weeks later he didnt do it again. Perhaps you could ban him from the living room for a little while?

As for licking soft toys - all of my single bunnies have a soft toy each and they love grooming them and snuggling up to them - I dont think its anything to worry about.

Back