• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Horrible weather!!

I was in the middle of cleaning out the buns' hutch yesterday when the heavens opened....and it hasn't stopped raining since!!

There I was with all the old bedding cleaned out and hutch sprayed and then everything went to pot, had to chase round the garden to capture the buns and put them in the kitchen and I haven't been able to get out to the garden to put all their bedding back in the hutch as it is torrential out there.

So, at the moment they are in the kitchen, making a mess with all their straw and hay :lol: :oops: but at it's nice to see them whenever i pop down for a cup of tea (we live in a town house)

Amanda x

I'm sick to death of the all the rain, the runs are like mud baths!!, I'm sure I saw one of mine doing the breast stroke up the garden :lol: :lol:

Roll on summer!! :shock:

I just managed to unpack my new plants and cover the hutch for the night, when the heavens opened here. It was pouring dwn the whole night. I put the run on concrete now, as the lawn is so soggy, but wet concrete does not feel very nice, either.

Yeah terrible night last night.....felt sorry for poor Roo out in the garden, although I must have tucked the tarpualine in v well last night as there was only one little puddle in the run this morning which was good. Poor Bunsters I prefer the cold crisp weather to this damp rainy stuff....yuck

I need to get some heavy tarpauline or something. Anyone recommend where to get some? I need to cover the hutch and would be good to do the run too!

Lol strangely enough same thing happened to me, i was cleaning out the hutch while the buns were having a munch in the garden when it just started chucking it down. After getting them into the garage with me i had to try and finish with them getting in my way and moving all the newspaper around little scamps. Managed to finish but its still raining here too.

snowy said:
I'm sick to death of the all the rain, the runs are like mud baths!!, I'm sure I saw one of mine doing the breast stroke up the garden :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Yeah, I'm thinking of setting up a bunnylympics at mine with all the mud in my garden! The buuny hotel is being built as we speak - can't wait for it to be ready so they'll all have indoor runs for the winter!

I went down to Jessica's shed and got stuck in there as the heavens opened! My OH had to come down with an umbrella to rescue me or I would have got very wet.

If it wasn't for the OH I would be there still :lol:

We got an excellent tarpaulin from www.tarpaflex.co.uk they were very quick with delivery and it is excellent quality. Someone else on here recomended them too.

I ran out a few times today to get the cardboard boxes out of the run, because it got so dark, but then it only rained a few drops. It's very windy here today. Talked to my mother and she said they had 25 Celsius and beautiful sunshine today. Ohter parts of Germany had up to 28 Celsius. :shock:

Back