• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

NO MORE RESCUE BUNS HERE what im doing

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
MY NEIGHBOUR REPEATADLY KEEPS COMPLAINING OF MY RABBITS THUMPING IN THE NIGHT . :?

ADMITADLY SOMEBUN WAS THUMPING VERY LOUDLY LAST NIGHT ...BUT ONLY FOR 20 MINS ...SHE SAYS FOR 3 HRS . I KNOW THIS IS NOT TRUE AS I LAID AWAKE FOR ALMOST 2 HRS LISTENING FOR MORE THUMPS WHICH NEVER CAME :evil:

THIS IS ONE NEIGHBOUR ....THE OTHERS EITHER DONT HEAR , OR DONT MIND .

ANYHOW I HAVE OTHER PROBS AT THE MO . FEELING PRETTY LOW WITH ONE THING AND ANOTHER AND IVE DECIDED I REALY CANT DO WITH ALL THIS EXTRA HASSLE . IVE BEEN SOOO UPSET ALL NIGHT THINKING OF THIS BUT IVE DECIDED NO MORE RESCUE BUNS HERE ....I JUST CANT RISK HER REPORTING ME AND ENDING UP HAVING TO GET RID OF MY OWN BUNS .

IM DEVASTATED TO HAVE TO DO THIS BUT CANT SEE ANY OTHER WAY :cry:

MY SISTER WILL STILL TAKE BUNS FOR BARC AND WE HAVE A COUPLE OF FOSTERERS BUT THIS WILL HALF THE NUMBER OF BUNS WE CAN HELP .

I AM SOOO UPSET. :cry: :cry:

ANGIE

That's such sad news Angie.

How much noise do thumping bunnies make? Surely it can be that loud?

I really don't think they would be able to make you get rid of your own buns, it's not like you have a barking dog all hours of the day and night.

Which bun does the thumping?

Rabswood

well i thought we d done well this summer ....hardly any thumps at all ....but no my neighbour insists that they thump almost every night :evil:

doesnt matter that i have to listen to her screaming and swearing at her kids all the time . :evil:

just dont know what to do other than stop :cry:

I totally understand too.I had this same problem in our old house, we had 4 french lops and they thumped like crazy most nights, we got a letter from the council saying we would be fined if we didnt stop the noise! we brought them inside but it just didnt work out with the dogs too.In the end we had to let my dad take them as he is in a detached house miles from anyone else.Our neighbours actually said they would "silence" the bunnies themsleves if we didnt get it under control. i remember one night the thumping was so loud it sounded like we had a drummer in the garden.

Angie I'm so sorry :( I understand you can't risk losing your own rabbits, but how sad to have to make such a decision. How near to the neighbours house are the hutches?

What sort of hutches do you use? If you have single storey hutches can you insulate them from noise by putting something like polystyrene under them to get rid of the hollow drum sounds.

How near to the neighbours house are the hutches?
the hutches are quite near . right up against the boundry fence (semi detached houses with drive) but the run is at the bottom of the garden . (it is secure with a shed bit attached so i alternate buns in here at night) i suspect the loud bun was in the run last night but cant be sure as it is difficult to pin point where the noise is coming from .

i darnt go to bed tonight . ill be laid there dreading the thumping :cry:

Call social services when she's screaming at her kids and let them hear the noise :twisted:

That'll soon shut the silly mare up :roll:

What sort of hutches do you use? If you have single storey hutches can you insulate them from noise by putting something like polystyrene under them to get rid of the hollow drum sounds.
double deckers without the connecting ramp . not realy insulatable :cry:

bunnymadhouse said:
double deckers without the connecting ramp . not realy insulatable :cry:

Could you put the noisy ones in the bottom hutches and put something under the bottom of the hutch to muffle the sounds.

I am lucky I have the six foot single storey hutch I tend to use for my 'thumpers' or else they end up in the kitchen in the dog crate.

Thanks for all your suggestions ....will give them some thought tomorrow when hopefully i feel a bit brighter .
to be honest feel so fed up right now the perfect solution could be stareing at me and i wouldnt see it .
this has been going on so long now that i just want an end to it .

off to bed ....sorry folks ...had enough for today ....

thanks for your support and ill let you know how the noisy ***** behave tonight .

Angie x

Angie sorry I missed this last night

How about that Equine rubber matting, double thickness maybe, at the base of the hutches?

Have you room in your garden for a large shed? We could try to raise some funds to help. Then insulate the shed. Might be a longterm process so a temporary halt to taking in Rescues could be necessary. But at least it would not mean a PERMANENT end?

Lots of hugs Angie

Janex

[/quote]Have you room in your garden for a large shed?
already have 2 playhouses a shed and shed run combo in my garden .
Add any more and she ll probably complain about that too . :evil: keep getting wise cracks about them from her as it is .

sorry folks just dont have the energy for battles and finding solutions . :cry:

I'm off to beg for some carpet offcuts this weekend for my bun room, so I can get some extra for your hutches if you want?

Will be able to foster again soon - got 5 temporary buns getting neutered/spayed on Friday so they will be ready for homes & Jill has already found one of them one :D

Back