• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really worried ... possible lump :-(

Bunnysam

Alpha Buck
I cannot believe it. Upon getting home from work I noticed that something was amiss with Rosie. It looks like a lump underneath her chin (where a dewlap would be) has appeared almost during the day as it wasn't there this morning or last night.

It does look like a big dewlap but can one appear in the course of a day? If it isn't this it must be a lump as it feels really strange.

I am so worried. Its like this mass just hanging down under her chin :(

Does anybody have any suggestions or should I go to the vets, which I am more than likely going to do in the morning.

Can't really offer any advice apart from getting in touch with your vet first thing, but didn't want to just read and run!

Sending positive vibes........

Amanda and buns x

I wouldn't leave it, just to reassure yourself as much as anything else. It might be something very easy to treat, and even if it is something more serious, the sooner you treat it, the better. Good luck. XX

Oh dear it sounds like a tooth root abscess :(
The sooner you get to a Vet the better
Good luck and please keep us posted

Janex

I am at work now (London :cry: ) and my mum and sister have taken them both to the vets to see what is wrong with little Rosie. I am so worried.

Thank you for your posts and I shall let you know soon as possible as her appointment is 9.40am.

Rosie lump - she is back from the vets

Looks like I've caught whatever it is in the early stages, possible cyst or infection but there is no fluid. Her weight and temperature are fine.

She was given an injection and has been given antibiotics to be administered by me and also probiotic powder to be put in their water bottle.

I have to take her back in a week's time and if the lump doesn't go down and she goes off her food then they will x-ray her gums.

Thank you all for your kind words ... I was telling my mum about you lot and how nice it is to get support and advice :)

xx

Awww, bet you are relieved, hopefully the lump will go down without anything further having to be done xxx

...I was looking at Rosie hairs on my suit this morning, hoping against all odds that, I would get the chance to see them there again...

:)

Looking forward to seeing her tonight.

Back