• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

flea control

johannapage

Warren Scout
Heres a question,

Myxi is passed on by fleas....

would using a flea control thingy like spot on or the similar help eliminate the chances of contracting myxi....on a fully vaccinated bunny?

i had to take my buns to the vets on friday as I found fleas! I was so upset as I like to think I take really good care of them. They are indoor buns and I don't have any other pets so I have no idea where they came from, luckily there were only a few. The vet gave me some stuff called avantage 40 to put on them and some spray for the room. No idea how that would work as prevention though? I guess just keep an eye out and be observent! On and the spray is really toxic to fish and birds!

I also wonder if there is more I can do to prevent this happening again!

i wondered if there would be any point.

i know myxi is passed on by fleas, but wud a flea treatment do any gd to stop the fleas biting???

I really don't know, sorry! I think the spray might give protection to the room for six months or so but that won't stop the ones coming in. I guess the best you can do is vaccinate regularly?

Doesnt the flea have to bite the animal for it to kill it?
Well thats what the vet said when my dogs had fleas the flea would have to actually jump on the animal and bite it to be killed if the animal was treated with a spot on flea treatment

Back