• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Travelling with new Bunny

Alice

Warren Scout
Hi Guys,

We have a new addition of a 9 week old baby bunster, to the family. We have to travel up to my other halfs house in Bristol late friday night back sunday. Now deciding if a 2 hour journey might be a bit stressful for her or not. If not was going to ask my neighbours next door to come round a few times during the day to check on her and feed her etc, as I know they won't mind.

She is currently living in doors with free run of the kitchen at the moment until she is neutered and bonded with Roo.

If she comes with us this weekend she will also be staying in doors. I would prefer her to come with us so I can keep an eye on the little mischief.

What would you guys do?

She is a very confident little bunny so thinking that she might not be too phased by the journey but good to get others views. If she came in the car could go on my lap or in her carry box.

P.S still trying to decide on a name....at the moment the current options are

Scuba - (OH is a diver and I'm doing my training at mo so appropriate)
Hakura
Myla

Still thinking for something really appropriate :)

I had a 9 week old delivered to me last week going through a 2 hour journey and was fine... I also took Clio and Jasper on a 3 hour journey when I moved house and they were fine too :thumb:

All of my buns frequently travel for more than 2 hours..always make sure they have hay and water..but they seem fine..a bit annoyed for the first 10 mins..but then they realise they are not headed to the vets.. :lol: :lol:

In fact I have had a few heartattacks where the buns have been so zonked out by the journey..chilled etc that I have stopped opened the doors and lifted up the carrier before they have moved..when they promptly stretch and yawn..must admit I do tend to talk/sing to them the whole way down so they can hear my voice! :oops:

I got Eddie and Elsa thye travelled with us from Inverness to Orkney, that included 1hr on the ferry and they were ok :D I'm sure your buns would be fine too :D Plenty of water and hay and make sure the car isn't too warm and it'll be dandy :D

Back