• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

human colds and rabbits

Can rabbits catch human colds?? I have a cold at the moment and one of my cats has a really bad cold as well so I think he has caught it from me. I was just wondering if it was possible for rabbits to catch our colds??

No, rabbits can not get human colds. I don't think cats can either. Have you brought your cat to a vet? It might be an upper respiratory infection which would need antibiotics. I'm dealing with this with one of my kittens again. :(

No I havent taken him to the vets as yet as it only started yesterday, he seems to be better today but looks very sorry for himself, but he is a persian and thats what they do best looking miserable. I am keeping his eyes and nose clean and see how he is tomorrow, if he isnt any better then i will be taking a trip to the vets tomorrow.

Back