• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

PLS HELP URGENT- update - not well enough to come home yet

Dobbin

Mama Doe
Pls read my earlier post and then this one.

Dobbin hs just done a normal poo and there is tiny worm like things in it. Tiny and white.

PLS HELP

Sue
xx

Are they about a cm long and about 1/2mm thick and white opaque?

If they are it sounds like pin worms. Nothing to urgently worry about but bring him to the vet tomorrow for a dose of panacur. Zion had these and he was fine.

Shiv

he still isnt himself.

what if it isnt that?

should i call the vet now?

Not sure how long they r, they are coming out of his poo.

sue
xx

If your rabbit is ill and you're not sure if he needs a vet, then call the vet and ask. Non of us are vets here and we can only give you suggestions. You need a vet to diagnoise and treat a condition accurately.

Tamsin

It does sound like it could be pinworms, but it sounds as if you're extremely worried and he is still not right so I would suggest ringing your vet for advice. It's possible that if it is pinworms, that could be the reason for his sluggish guts today, but hopefully your vet will be able to discuss what is going on with you and decide if he needs to be seen today. Have you turned him over and had a good look around his bottom area to check that everything else there looks normal?

Tamsin said:
If your rabbit is ill and you're not sure if he needs a vet, then call the vet and ask. Non of us are vets here and we can only give you suggestions. You need a vet to diagnoise and treat a condition accurately.

Tamsin

I agree. If you're that worried call the vet and keep the poo.

Shiv

Phoned the vet - she said to take him straight down.

He is being kept in overnight - vet isnt sure what it is but as he is not pooing,drinking or eating well she wants to be extra careful by keeping him in.

She said it was nothing that i had done or not done, but i am still so worried. We have thoroughly cleared and disinfected his shed hutch etc.

Thank you everyone for your help and advise.

I shall ring later to see how he is and then in the morning i can hopefully pick him up.

Sue
xx

just phoned the vet he has not eaten anything so he is currently being syringed fed.

I am so worried about him

Sue
xx

Oh no! Poor Dobbin, he is having a rough time of it. iIwas just thinking about him the other day, as last time I heared about him he had snuffles. (are they better now?)
I hope he wil be home and all better soon.

It's horrible feeling so helpless, isn't it? He's in the best place and you've done all you can for him. Hope you get some good news soon.

Oh dear Sue, you must be out of your mind with worry :cry: As Sarah says, you've done all you can for him and he is in the best possible place for care now - fingers crossed we all get some good news about his progress in the morning. Take care, big hugs to you xxxx

Pinworms

Hi,

Please don't forget that humans can pick up these worms from infected rabbits - it is NOT a good experience. Extra care with personal hygiene can save a lot of distress.

Hope this is helpful.

I totally know what ur going through right now, its so awful when they get ill, u truly realise how much they mean to u, I hope he gets better soon :)

Back