• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How Do You Neutralise Territory?

happybunny

Mama Doe
At about 6pm last night we tried our 2 shed bunnies (a mixed pair) and a single male together in the kitchen.

They are all neutered and have been in contact (through wire mesh) for months.

It all went quite well. The usual stamping and mounting at first. We left them together over night and it all seemed fine.

We then needed to get them out of the kitchen as it is only small and we needed access to be able to feed the other buns. We put the trio in the garden and they started to fight.

Ok, they all think they own the garden as they have all had free access at one time or another and we can not neutralise it.

How do we neutralise the shed and attached run?

We have changed the flooring and removed all toys (to be replaced by new ones). I have washed the run floor in disinfectant water and am waiting for it to dry.

What else can we do??

Thanks

I left it a good few days before putting them back out (4 days altogether) so that they started 2 'forget' it was ever just theres, I also moved the hutch and run, hosed it all out everything, gave the grass a good hose, dieinfected hutch and run.

I used white vinegar all over the floor and the walls near where the buns pee'd. It's so strong it should eliminate any old smells.

Shiv

How long did you leave if before putting them in the area? I could probably keep them in the kitchen another night but after tomorrow it will be difficult.

Back