• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat flaps

rineyroo

Mama Doe
How hard are cat flaps to install? I have finally finished the run attachment for the shed and was thinking if using a cat flap. The shed is made of quite thin wood. My mum reckons they're really hard to put in and if so we'll make some kind of door. Hmmm.

I thought it was really easy. The hardest bit is cutting the hole, but you'd have to do that anyway even if you were doing a door. The hole doesn't have to be too exact (only enough to make sure that it doesn't jam on the flap as it opens), because the frame of the flap covers over any dodgy bits, and you literally put half the flap on the outside, half on the inside, and screw them together with the screws provided. It sandwiches to itself with the wood inbetween so no need to even drill holes for the screws.

Back