• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

white vingar

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
i read on here about the wonderful cleaning properties of white vinegar so when i cleaned the buns out today i tried it out and you lot werent kidding the litter trays look like new!! (even the one with horrible crusty wee!! :shock: )

well i was cleaning away when i heard something behind me so i turn round and there is dutchess licking crazily at the bottle :shock: :? i immediately moved the bottle and she started licking the bit i had just cleaned!!! so i moved her out of the way and quickly rubbed away the vinegar and put a handful of hay in the run to keep her occupied but i wasn't half worried
does anyone elses bun like vinegar? is it safe for them to have in small amounts (like licking it off the bottle)???

eeek im paranoid lol

Yep mine do. I only give their litter tray a vinegar clean when the stains build up (pet disinfectant the rest of the time) but when I do I use it in combination with a scouring pad and kitchen towel to soak up the excess and Marlon in particular will be right there trying to steal the vinegary towels.

I've just tried this as couldn't get the litter tray to look clean - didn't have any white viniger, so used cider viniger instead and that seemed to work a treat :D

Back