• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits destroying things...

xEMMAx

Warren Veteran
I was just wondering, what has everyone had to replace due to bunnies and their teeth/claws/rear ends? :lol: :lol:
I know my list is getting longer as time goes on!

* 2 internet cables
* telephone cable
* mobile phone charger
* duvet
* cushion
* MANY flowers/plants in the garden!!
* skin :lol:

My hoover has been blocked many times, I have holes in the corners of my carpets and my mouse and laptop charger have been bitten through but thankfully not the the wires! :shock:

Makes you wonder why we have them! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Same problem here, they've chewed though 2 mobile chargers, 3 telephone wires. Skirting boards and wallpaper are Moonshine's favourite :lol: I've got cardboard covering the skirting now.

Nicola

I usually only have front toothless bunnies living indoors for any period of time, so don't get this problem :D

Sofa!
Cushions!
Many, many, many items of clothing!
Shoes!
Laptop cables

Haven't fixed the piece of wall they ate yet though!

Reminds me why they live outside now!

TheGaffer said:
Same problem here, they've chewed though 2 mobile chargers, 3 telephone wires. Skirting boards and wallpaper are Moonshine's favourite :lol: I've got cardboard covering the skirting now.

Nicola

Oh dear :lol: Luckily mine haven't shown any interest in skirting boards or wallpaper :thumb:

jrn1310 said:
I usually only have front toothless bunnies living indoors for any period of time, so don't get this problem :D

Hmm... there's an idea ;) Nah, I wouldn't want any unneccesary teeth removal of my buns :lol: :lol:

anna said:
Sofa!
Cushions!
Many, many, many items of clothing!
Shoes!
Laptop cables

Haven't fixed the piece of wall they ate yet though!

Reminds me why they live outside now!

Oh nooo. Laptop cables are really expensive aren't they? :shock: I was going to get a spare but I decided I'd just try and keep them away :lol:

:lol: :lol: Yeah, I think I may have to move mine outside too... can't afford to replace everything!

Sugar and Amber destroyed the whole inside of their hutch :lol: the steps and everything :lol:

Smoke-fred bit through our sorrund sound :lol:and chewed my carpet under the bed :roll:

The surround sound cables - which boyfy still hasn't tucked away - when will he learn!!

The lino is beginning to stain (weeing on it)

chewed boxes under the bed, and anything else I haven't discovered yet!

Quite lucky really as they don't tend to chew much else!

haffyj said:
Sugar and Amber destroyed the whole inside of their hutch :lol: the steps and everything :lol:

Smoke-fred bit through our sorrund sound :lol:and chewed my carpet under the bed :roll:

Oh dear! :shock: :lol:

Small orange giraffe said:
The surround sound cables - which boyfy still hasn't tucked away - when will he learn!!

The lino is beginning to stain (weeing on it)

chewed boxes under the bed, and anything else I haven't discovered yet!

Quite lucky really as they don't tend to chew much else!

Ohh another surround sound :shock: Naughty buns! :no: :lol:
Yeah my quilt covers are wee stained too :roll:

we'd been in our brand new house 2 days when old little Betty (RIP) decided to dig a hole in the carpets right at the top of the stairs! it was about 6 inches wide!

Gus ruined all the skirting boards in the new house and grew out of that habit about 1 month after we moved in. he also chewed through the cable that connects sky to your phone.

Lola has ruined my clematis (thankfully it hasnt ruined her)

bracken weed continually on my lino in the kitchen for the first month of having her

Frida is just hitting puberty and has discovered that she likes to chew the door frames!

We must be gluttons for punishment because we are moving into another brand new house in January so they can all start again!

Lily has chewed through a phone wire, 2 mobile phone chargers, laptop charger, the carpet (my mum was not pleased).

My old buns flopsy and benji used to strip the paint off the kitchen wall.

Fiona

sarahbarnsley said:
we'd been in our brand new house 2 days when old little Betty (RIP) decided to dig a hole in the carpets right at the top of the stairs! it was about 6 inches wide!

Gus ruined all the skirting boards in the new house and grew out of that habit about 1 month after we moved in. he also chewed through the cable that connects sky to your phone.

Lola has ruined my clematis (thankfully it hasnt ruined her)

bracken weed continually on my lino in the kitchen for the first month of having her

Frida is just hitting puberty and has discovered that she likes to chew the door frames!

We must be gluttons for punishment because we are moving into another brand new house in January so they can all start again!

Oh dear :shock: Good luck for when you DO move :lol:

chloaster said:
My suitcase under the bed and Max ate the rubber buttons off my tv remote control :roll:

Ahh yes, I nearly caught Clio eating buttons once. I don't know why they do it... can't taste very nice! :roll:

fifi0529 said:
Lily has chewed through a phone wire, 2 mobile phone chargers, laptop charger, the carpet (my mum was not pleased).

My old buns flopsy and benji used to strip the paint off the kitchen wall.

Fiona

They strip paint too? Uh oh... thought the walls would be safe and damage free without wallpaper! :shock:
Yep, my mum was angry with me too when they were destroying carpet in my old house :oops:

They are both having a good go at getting rid of the wood chip in the front room (good luck to em I say-I might rent them out). Barney has managed to sneak into my bedroom and gone under the bed to nibble my vacuum seal bags which had all sorts in-I had to lift the bed up to get everything out as it had expanded! Bless them.

Audrey aka 'destructobun' is a nightmare- she feels it is her duty to taste test everything, including chunks of plaster and wallpaper :eek:

Ive found chewing things help a bit- willow balls and sea grass mats.

choco is a pain lately - she has chewed a hole in the back door, started on the front door, destroyed skirting board and started on a chair leg!!! she pulls the playroom carpet up.

when the MIL looked after her she chewed the wood flooring, ate skirting board and chewed 4 holes in the sofa............ :shock:

she now goes through a willow ball every 3 days.

IsabelM said:
They are both having a good go at getting rid of the wood chip in the front room (good luck to em I say-I might rent them out). Barney has managed to sneak into my bedroom and gone under the bed to nibble my vacuum seal bags which had all sorts in-I had to lift the bed up to get everything out as it had expanded! Bless them.

Ohh it's really annoying when they go under beds isn't it?? When Tia goes under mine can never get her out! :shock:

mandy said:
Audrey aka 'destructobun' is a nightmare- she feels it is her duty to taste test everything, including chunks of plaster and wallpaper :eek:

Ive found chewing things help a bit- willow balls and sea grass mats.

Oh dear :lol: Naughty bun! Hopefully her husbun won't learn off her (which I find happens a lot with Clio and Jasp).

Mine have loooooads of toys to keep them distracted... they work for about 5 minutes :roll: :lol:

cazza said:
choco is a pain lately - she has chewed a hole in the back door, started on the front door, destroyed skirting board and started on a chair leg!!! she pulls the playroom carpet up.

when the MIL looked after her she chewed the wood flooring, ate skirting board and chewed 4 holes in the sofa............ :shock:

she now goes through a willow ball every 3 days.

Oooops! :shock:

I gave Clio a willow ball which she ate about half of... now she doesn't touch it! :roll:

I have the opposite problem - Asta won't chew anything! Except plastic bags and polystyrene, though I obviously try to keep them out of her reach.

I've tried cardboard (boxes, pieces and tubes), apple twigs, willow balls, willow sticks and she has access to lots of tempting chair legs and skirting boards, but not a nibble. I'm hoping that hay will keep her teeth down, but suspect she may need work on her teeth eventually.

Does any one have any ideas for ENCOURAGING them to chew?!?

Phone charger x2 (Smirnoff)
Skirting board (Smirnoff)
Carpet (Smirnoff)
Rug due to spilt red nail polish (Smirnoff - ok I shouldn't have left it there!)
Christmas tree lights (Smirnoff)
Fill hole in wall (Smirnoff)
Wallpaper (Smirnoff)
Hutch Repairs re door (Joey)
Throw (Joey, Sugar & Spice - digging & wee)
Remote control (Smirnoff)
I am currently looking into having new laminate fitted in the bun rooms!!! :lol:

teegra has only chewed the sky cable and a hole in my duvet (thank god we amnaged to fix it :) ) and his pee ruined one of the 'mini skirtings' around the edges of my laminate
he doesnt chew so much now he has got willow sticks, willow ball, vine ball, seagrass mat and duchess to keep him busy (he doesnt chew duchess though :shock: :lol: )
duchess is an angel and doesnt chew anything (i dont think she has time as she eats hay all day :lol:

Back