• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Hay Experts Test

What Hay does YOUR bun love from Hay Experts?

• Field Fresh Meadow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Field Fresh Timothy & Rye

• Simply Grass

• Alpine Meadow

• Southern Meadow

• Natures Best Devon Meadow

• Herbal Hay

• Oxbow Western Timothy

• Oxbow Orchard Grass

• Total voters

mit

Mama Doe
I have just bought their Taster Selection Pack and am really excited in introducing them to the buns. But ive got three questions on my mind before i can start:

1. (POLL) What Hay does YOUR bun love from Hay Experts?

2. Do you mix any of them?

3. How did/would you test to see which one your bun loved the most?

m
xx

And the field fresh meadow. I often mix it with some 'normal' hay we buy from a local petshop by the bale for £5 and add it to their hay racks.

Some rabbits like different types some prefer soft hay whilst others prefer the harder versions.

They both seem to like the Devon hay best, I have that in their litter box and in the hay rack, and then they also like "simply grass" a lot. Orchard Grass wasn't too interesting for Snoopy, but I have not tried it with Penny, yet. I have ordered some Timothy and Rye now, so let's see what they think of that.

Mine love Simply Grass and Orchard Grass :D I mix these in with the normal hay I give them and with Timothy Hay from Bunny basics :thumb:

I just gave them a different bag each day, and the bags they totally emptied are the ones I decided to buy regularly!
There was another they like can't remember which one though. So remember to write a small review on how they reacted to it!! :lol:

the rescues and permanents all have meadow hay I buy by the bale...did try some more exotic types for the fussy ones but didn't make any difference so I'll stick to good quality meadow hay :D

My buns love Just Timothey. You didn't have an option to pick that on the Poll. They won't really eat anything else. Have tried them with Field fresh meadow hay and timothey and rye, but it just got wasted.

Nicola

Mine love simply grass and the timothy with rye.

I do mix them in with normal hay from our local feed supplies.

I actually tested mine on Lola who ate them all with great glee only to refuse everything but Simply Grass when I spent £20 on hays for them! Little tyrant that she is. But the others love most of them.

Mine like Just Timothy, Timothy and Rye and Simply Grass. I give them lots of the bale of hay I get from local farms and then give Hay Experts stuff to them in the evening to keep the busy overnight. I put the simply grass in their litter trays mixed with normal hay to encourage them to wee and poo in the litter tray and not over the side.

I believe they have some new hays now on their new website www.thehayexperts.COM (as opposed to .co.uk) but not sure if I will try them or not.

I LOVE the Hay Experts!

Idont think you get all of those in the samples- i dont remember herbal or devon hay :?

My foster boys liked orchard grass the best. i now use meadow hay from a farm- its great- fresh, cheap and the buns love it 8)

My lot get excellent quality meadow hay from a local farmer. I did used to feed them West Wales Timothy Hay but now I have 21 rabbits the bank balance wont stand it! :lol:

Louise

there Just timothy and Orchard ahve been dumped now and they are selling the Oxbow products along with Our Herbal & Alpine Hays, Timothy cubes and Fruit sticks

Both of mine love simply grass :D They like the others too, but even rudy goes mad for the grass when normally he will just eat whatever is going :lol:

I've never actually bought anything from the hay experts, but keep meaning too!

Ted and Dougal have had the oxbow timothy hay a few times, they did quite like it! I've bought a couple of times at a garden centre near Bristol, its quite pricey though!

Mandy what farm do you go to? I've had real difficulty finding all the wonderful varieties discussed on here.

IsabelM said:
Mandy what farm do you go to? I've had real difficulty finding all the wonderful varieties discussed on here.

as far as im aware you can only get the special hays from the internet:
www.bunnybasics.net
or
www.thehayexperts.co.uk (they do a sample selection of about 7 or 8 varities for £3, p and p included).

I only tried the samples, as they were just too expensive to buy all the time.

I now buy bales from here:
F Martin & Son ARNOLD NOTTINGHAM
Dorket Head Farm
Calverton Road Nottinghamshire NG5 8PU 01159 268703

I think it was £3.30 a bale. Its lasted ages and seems very good quality- much better than pet shop stuff. You can have some of mine if you want to try it first :)

The farm also do a dried grass called friendly grass ,which both mine love.
(And you can get allen and page rabbit pellets - £6 for a 20kg bag, but i'd ring and check they've got some in stock.)

I dont think its open sunday or monday.

Thanx guys! Its real good to have a insight of what other buns love to eat hay wise. Lets see next week which one mine love!! :D

m
xx

Back