• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Normal colour of teeth?

My vet is very confused about this as Albert and Poppy's teeth are a bit yellow. he banned us from feeding carrots and oranges and he thinks they have improved a little bit but not much.

I think teeth colour can indicate dental problems but in the case of my two, I think it's all the sneeky fags!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

dark yellow or teeth going brown can be a sign of calcium deficiency..either not enough in the diet or an underlying problem meaning the animal cannot process the calcium

Oh, Don't feed carrots every day just once a week.

What kind of teeth problems could Mhairi have. Also she is a mini rex, does that make a diffrence?

Also would calcium be a problem if not fed a correct diet in the begining?
ie loads of pellets/mix and not enough hay and veg?

How would you correct this?

I have bunnies with bad teeth and the vet told me its not so much the colour that is important as the actual make up of the teeth. Do they have ridges running down them or other irregularities? If they are only a slight yellow but are otherwise "normal" I wouldn't worry. Like Jill said, the yellow can indicate a calcium deficiency which is what Sam has, but he also has ridges and grooves running down and across his teeth and these are the real signs of the bigger problem. I'll try and get a photo of his and point out the probs if that would help. Keep feeding him loads of hay and there are veggies with higher calcium contents than others, I believe Kale is one of them, but the deep green veggies are good.

My lots teeth range from Sparkeling White :D to Diry Yellow :cry: .
And they are all on the same diet!

m
xx

I have one rabbit at work, her teeth are brown-ish. She has lost weight but is still eating and pooing. Going to vets today at 2.30.

Back