• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carpets in hutches

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
Since joining the forum I have noticed that a lot of you have carpeted your hutches instead of using sawdust etc. Tis a brilliant idea and have some old carpet tiles in my shed that would look great in Pickle's hutch. My question is - what if he chews the carpet tiles and how do you safely stick them down. Worried he will eat the glue or the rubbery backing on the carpet tiles, or even the carpet material itself!!!

I am such a worrier!!!

You can always tack carpet down and put edging strips down to protect the edges from being chewed. If your buns do start chewing the carpets badly you can always take them up. Another option is lino

I tried carpet but unfortunately my lot are not as enthusiastic about using their litter trays as some rabbits and so the carpet didn't last for that reason :oops: I use lino in the bottom of my boys coop but that is gradually reducing in size! In all, personally I am a great believer in newspaper, sawdust and hay!

Ive got carpet in audrey's crate, and it worked well at first but she's taken to ripping it up and weeing all over it- I'll have to keep replacing it as I need something soft at the bottom.

I use cheap carpit door mats from Wilkos in my buns hutch, works fine for me! They do wee on it sometimes but i just change them. Always got spare clean disinfected carpit mats! :D

m
xx

I have used carpet tiles before for both indoor and hutched rabbits, some it works with, others it doesn't.

Back