• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Science Selective - how long will it keep?

cara

Alpha Buck
I have splashed out on a 10kg bag - but now wonder if I was a little hasty! Althought the expiry date is 2008, I am wondering how long it should be kept once opened.

Anyone know?

I bought a 10 kilo bag, too, and put it in an airtight plastic box in a dry boiler shed. I think it should be ok for a while, if you can keep it in a dry place. And away from mice etc..

I should be getting my first 10Kg bag tomorrow, i keep my food is large container in a cool dry place in the house. I also have a small-ish tub which i top up once week with food, which i feed the buns from daily.

m
xx

If I remember rightly the small bag I bought had little "holes" in it, thus the bag is not "airtight" therefore opening it should not cause a problem (I wouldn't have thought?). Just keep it, cool, dark and dry and make sure no "pests" can get to it and I'm sure it's fine. Just trying to apply some logic?

if you look carefully at the bag you will see that it has vent holes, so technically the bag is already open ;) As its an extruded food it will be ok until the BB date

Thanks for all your replies.

I am trying to cut down on the amount of pellets my 2 bunnies eat, so have a feeling that the bag will last ages! Hopefully, judging by your comments it will keep though.

Cara

Back