• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please advise..... I think this is wrong but not sure

kaskaskia

Alpha Buck
Ok - an old friend of mine who I've recently been acquainted with on myspace has told me she had decided to get a bun for herself and her 4 year old. She was originally going to get a rescue bun, and I gave her loads of rabbit info and care info etc.
She said she had the number of a woman in our town on Rabbit Rehome (I gave her the site) who she was going to get the bun off... when I asked her what her bun was like, she told me that she wasn't getting a bun from that rescue anymore as she felt the woman didn't care about her buns and wasn't prepared to do a home check etc. I said to her all the more reason for you to save one! But then she said well I don't trust her, what if the rabbit isn't neutered and vacc'd and she tells me it is, what if it isn't good with children etc.
I think she has a fair point, and I'd advised her to try a more reputable rescue. However. she told me that the woman admitted to her that the buns put on the site as rescue buns arn't rescue buns at all - they are her friends for sale from a litter!!!

I don't know what to think of this... I feel that this is wrong?????

I think that you you should PM Tamsin with your concerns about this person/rescue

I'm sure she would want to look into it

Back