• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scratch and Newton.. (if you didnt know already..)

lisey

Warren Scout
Well i've been told they have gone bust by my Manager. But in our store we should be getting a new supplier for huggers and snuggles so hope is not lost. Hopefully it'll be soon!

I cant understand how they went belly up, everyone keeps asking for them!!

Oh dear that's a shame! I can understand it though, they have a very limited product range and limited market of customers, plus those products must have cost a fortune to design, prototype and produce in the first place, and their prices for those huggers would probably put a lot of people off :cry:

Yeah definately, and they didnt really advertise themselves. The material for snuggles was made by NASA so i bet it cost a bomb.. :/ Should make my own and go on Dragons Den and make my fortune 8)

That will explain why I couldnt get in touch with them when I tried phoning them from work the other day :shock:

Phew thank God, I am always saying I'm getting soem snugglesafes and never get round to it, it will be just my look if they go bump before I get them :lol: .

Do you think scract and newton stuff will be going cheap?

SOAD said:

:lol: :lol: I thought the same thing, wondered if we could get a wadge of stuff for the Christmas appeal.

AlisonA said:
SOAD said:

:lol: :lol: I thought the same thing, wondered if we could get a wadge of stuff for the Christmas appeal.

I am going to give them a call :oops: :lol:

You will keep getting the answer maching. Thats all I got when I was trying the other day. I even tried the "emergency" number several times and didnt get a reply.

Then sent us a big batch of hutch huggers etc. last Christmas - all the returned stock that was the wrong size etc.

I got a letter through from them not that long ago to say they'd moved address.

Tam

ARC also got a couple of sun shades which have been really helpful with the piggie runs. It is such as shame as I know a lot of people who have purchased their hutch protectors.

I don,t think their stuff will be going cheap,i have tried all over to get 2 of the hutch snuggles and nearly everywhere have sold out of the sizes i want.I ordered two last week online and have just had an email saying the products are coming straight from the manufacturer and they is a delay :? They have promised i will get them though.

We had a hutch hugger. Never found it that good for keeping the rain out to be honest. Ok in a shower, but down pour and wet hutch. :cry:

Tracey x

That's a shame, as I like my hutch hugger - I got the summer thingy with the fly shield too. Very expensive though, so I agree that it has a limited market (I clearly spoil my bunnies!) :oops: :lol:

We have been in talks with them over a few projects that they wanted to work on. So this is news to me.

I know that they had to pull out of the Glee show last month but I was told that it was due to illness. But I do know that the business was doing really well that is why they were looking at other projects to expand the business.

If this is true it will be a real shame as the gang at S&N are really nice ppl and truly care about there products. They started the business to solve a problem they had with thre own pets.

Problem is that nobody else can produce there products as they own the patent on the product design and manufacture. so any other company would have to buy the rights to the product.

HUGE UPDATE:

Have spoken to a few ppl and they have NOT GONE BUST.

They have been bought out by another company.

So no worries, they will be back to normal again next week.

Aw brilliant :D I was wondering when huggers would return, otherwise there would be a gap in the market for them. But hopefully we'll see some new, improved and cheaper ones! Wahey

Back