• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

another silly breeder

BirdieBun said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: OMG Laura you kept that quiet :shock:

Haha that's what I was going to say! :lol: :lol:

Laaaaaaaura... is there something you're not telling us? And why have we seen no photos of your lovely frenchies?? :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Didn't get far with reading it..... Too many spelling mistakes and my brain switches off. :?

I would sign her guestbook but I can't think of anything to say that isn't a swear word. Silly girl. :evil:

animusuk said:
I signed her guestbook and suggested she come here, after reading the page titled 'the french lop..' I think I did quite well not to swear at her!

I am quite amazed to hear someone say that the only things a bun ever needs to eat is a rabbit mix and some hay! No pellets, no veg, poor babies :(

That was a good idea. My brain is not switched on at all today!

What I find scary is that she is new to rabbit ownership so has no experience of looking after a rabbit as a pet, let alone breeding them.

Perhaps she needs a polite email pointing out the thousands of rabbits in rescues, and all the problems with breeding more and more and redirecting to rabbitrehome and here. She perhaps doesn't even realise there's a problem with overpopulation and thinks she's doing the bunny world a favour by 'continuing her line'?

Beaney said:
animusuk said:
I signed her guestbook and suggested she come here, after reading the page titled 'the french lop..' I think I did quite well not to swear at her!

I am quite amazed to hear someone say that the only things a bun ever needs to eat is a rabbit mix and some hay! No pellets, no veg, poor babies :(

What I find scary is that she is new to rabbit ownership so has no experience of looking after a rabbit as a pet, let alone breeding them.

Sorry Beaney, I deleted my post as I think she did come here as the French Lop page has now been removed, I don't want her to think that we're attacking her, as Kayjay said, she might not realise the extent of the problem.
If you are reading Laura, I apologise for my comment and ask you to join us if you need any support :)

I've left a polite message

Hi, your bunnies look beautiful. However, I don't know if you are aware of the thousands of bunnies in rescues, see www.rabbitrehome.org.uk, rabbits are one of the most mistreated pets and perhaps you could redirect your interest to the rescue of French Lops. More petshops are starting to sell these wonderful bunnies and I'm sure this will mean lots more available for rescue soon. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Do you think this is ok to leave?

animusuk said:
Beaney said:
animusuk said:

Sorry Beaney, I deleted my post as I think she did come here as the French Lop page has now been removed, I don't want her to think that we're attacking her, as Kayjay said, she might not realise the extent of the problem.
If you are reading Laura, I apologise for my comment and ask you to join us if you need any support :)

You are right - My bad mood is contaminating everything at the moment!

Laura - if you are reading this, apologies for my harsh comments. I am not meaning to be nasty but a poorly rabbit of my own is meaning that I am not in a very good mood today and I am lashing out. I hope you join the forums and get support from the many rabbit experts on here!

ouch she's left a bit of a snotty reply to your posts..... she says she dosn't require any more help as she has owned rabbits since a child... yt if that were true she would have known that dry mix and hay isn't enough......

I notice she's planning a litter for 'later this year', i presume that to be in 2006? A very good breeder will not breed in winter months, its just not done, maybe you should research more Laura?! Or think before you become a hobbiest breeder adding to a problem?

Sorry, I don't think using the forum to gang up on someone is a very good use of it. By all means drop someone an email with your comments and a link but public mocking rarely achieves anything!

oh for god sake :? I would have thought anything to try to stop someone starting breeding would be good.but hey ho we will just see her bunnies up for rehoming buy people who have bought them and lost interest or didnt know they would get so big. :(

I disagree. Ganging up on someone is rarely going to make them listen - in fact it generally has the opposite effect. It might make you feel like your "doing something for the cause" but in reality one person sending a friendly message is much more likely to get someone to consider their actions.

And as for doing "anything to try to stop someone starting breeding" I couldn't disagree more. Where would you like to draw the line... a little verbal abuse, some hate mail, prank phone calls with heavy breathing, maybe lookup her home address and spray paint threats across the front door, a dead rabbit in the post? All true examples of the "anything's" that people have done to stop breeders.

You don't educate people by yelling at them and telling them how useless and awful they are.

Back