• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alice Needs Lots of Good Luck Wishes!

AliBenMummy

Mama Doe
Alice is going to the vets tomorrow for an abscess removing at the base of her ear, where it joins to her head. :(

I'm really worried about her having a GA at her age. I have to take her in at 8.30am, then go to work until I can pick her up. I know I'm going to get nothing done until I get a good news call from the vets!

Gemma

Awww poor Alice, I'm sure she'll feel a lot better once it's been done. Fingers crossed for her xxx

Hi there,

Thanks for your wishes, I have passed them onto Alice!

Well, she is home and looks horrendous. Unfortunately the abscess wasn't completely free to take out, it was seeping into her ear canal. They've drained and washed it out and have taken cultures to see what antib will work on the abscess. In the meantime I have to keep the wound open so it can drain. I have hibiscrub, Baytril injections and Metacam to medicate her with, so she should stay comfortable.

Couldn't believe it though, I put her back into her hutch and the first thing she did was run to her food bowl!! I was so happy and I am confident now that she'll pull through and get rid of this thing for good.

It will also explain her tummy problems, as this must have been very painful. I feel terrible that I hadn't picked up on this as it probably started with an ear infection. Alice showed no signs of this though...

Thanks again,

Gemma

Back