• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your buns know their names?

I don't think mine do really, I'm sure jasper thinks I'm foreign as I keep saying Jasper to him and when I hear myself I sound rather silly!

Anyway I mostly end up calling him J-boy, I think he sometimes maybe responds to it? Or I may be imagining it?

And Jessica, well she never sits still long enough to tell her what her name is!

Do yours know theirs and did you just keep repeating their names at them over again?

Naaaah, I think they know the tone of voice and do come running when called, but only because they hope I'm going to feed them :lol:

I don't think I've called my foster bun Nala by her name once since she's been here. She seems to respond to Chibby-Chib-Chubs :lol:

We also think our cat Sooty thinks his name is "hello" because that's what we say to him most of the time.

AlisonA said:
Naaaah, I think they know the tone of voice and do come running when called, but only because they hope I'm going to feed them :lol:

I don't think I've called my foster bun Nala by her name once since she's been here. She seems to respond to Chibby-Chib-Chubs :lol:

We also think our cat Sooty thinks his name is "hello" because that's what we say to him most of the time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: shall we change her name soon to "thin lizzy" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My guinea pigs know their names for sure, Sugar knew hers as 'Sugs' I think they knew the tone of your voice when you say their name any way :D

Im not sure if Audrey knows hers yet or if rabbits do at all? :? - she does always comes running when she sees or hears me, but thats cos she loves her Mum :love:

Of my buns..Rufus, who most of the time is a bit dense!..does seem to respond to his name.....and since being bonded with George, so does Fern...
Patch the old permanent rescue bun , definately knows hers...I can go round talking to each of the buns...."hello Lulu..hello Lils..hello Georgie..but when I say "hello Patchy"..she actually bothers to get up and comes to the front of her hutch! :D And to add Lilly is above her so i'm already in front of the hutch so she isn't responding to that!

I think Bindi and Maya know theres. Maya does a lot of sitting in his litter tray because its in an enclosed spot. And as soon as i call him he comes hopping over. Bindi never responds to the word Maya but she does Bindi Bop!!

Nah, mine don't know their's either. Clover is 'NO!!' too, and both of them collectively are 'sweeties'. :lol:

teegra comes if i call 'tiggy' duchess tends to come to 'duchy' but then again they tend to come over just incase there is food on offer lol :lol:

Ted and Dougal definitely suffer from selective hearing thats for sure! They can hear the food bowl coming a mile off, but 'No' they don't seem to hear for some reason!

Sometimes they respond to their names, but not always.

Poppy comes if I call "Pops", it doesn't seem to work if I call her Poppy though (although her ears do ***** up)!!

Albert ignores me whatever I say unless I've just come in from the kitchen!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike knows his name, i've had him since the day he was born and always used his name, now if hes in the garden and i get his hutch ready for bed i just call him and he comes running into te garage and jumps into his hutch :D unless its too early then he wants to stay out longer and he'll pretend to ignor me :roll:

Felix i think is beginning to know his name, hes started doing the same as Mike and jumoing into his hutch when i want him too, although i hes out in the garden i usually have to herd him in :lol:

mine seem to know their names. storm usually stops and looks at me if i call him and gypsy does too when she feels like it :lol: i think our buns just like to ignore us and only answer when they want to. I'm sure they all know their names really :D

Bambi knows her name as "Mrs" and I think all the others know their "normal" names :D But you have to say them in a certain way :lol:

Back