• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ongoing chest problem. question

catswhiskas

Warren Veteran
My housemates elderly bun flopsy has had 2 chest infections in his life, both of which have left him with scar tissue. he always has a noisy chest now and props himself up on the front end in order to breath better. the vet hasn't had any suggestions so far on easing this. any ideas :?:

How about a bronchodilator like aminophyllin? Its a drug that opens up the airways in the lungs. People with emphysema take it to ease their breathing. I have had a couple of Buns who were prescribed it.
Also a humidifier. Very dry air, particularly from central heating, exacerbates respiratory problems.

Janex

Another thing you can try is really strong black tea - cold of course :) Drop it onto his tongue and it will also open the airways - works with our buns and works with me if I'm having a bad asthma attack :D

Also, the buns that have had chest and heart problems here love to lie over a draught excluder in the shape of a snake - it props them up and keeps them comfy :D

Back