• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jambo from Roaming Rudy!!!! -lots of pic's added

Nicola C

Mama Doe
Hiya everyone :wave: ,
Just to let you all know that myself, Nicola C and Nicola C's family returned to the UK this morning after an extremely long and uncomfortable flight from Tanzania. We are all exhausted, but have had an amazing time and we will get the pic's on to RU asap.
I think after a good night sleep, I will be looking forward to my next adventure.
I am looking forward to telling you all about our holiday and will be in touch again either later on today or tomorrow.
Lots of love from Roaming Rudy (and Nicola) xxxxx

Hello Rudy and Nicola :wave:
I am so happy to hear that you had a good holiday :D
I can't wait to hear about your adventures and see the pictures!!!

Leah xx

Ok, I (Nicola) have managed to have a bit of a sort out of all the pic's that I took over the last few weeks, there are loads!! :shock: With all the travelling yesterday my body clock has gone haywire and I've been up for aaaages (it's sooooo dark and cold!!! :( ). Anyway, so here is a selection of pic's......(Rudy is going to take over from now....)....

Hi again everyone :wave: ,
Over the last 2 and a bit weeks I have been in Tanzania with Nicola C and her family. We have had an amazing time. We got to see some incredible animals and got an understanding of the way of life over there, so it was a very interesting trip.
We flew from Heathrow down to Nairobi in Kenya and from there we went on to Dar Es Salaam in Tanzania. We began our holiday on the beach and I decided to take it easy.....
PA023126.jpg

PA043136.jpg

Then we went on to Iringa and Ifrakara, where we saw Nicola C's Mum's old house (where she lived as a child) and we visited a village where Nicola C's Mum sponsers a child through school. We were all very interested to see how other people live and we realised how important it is to apreciate what we have and how lucky we are to have nice homes, clean water and other things that we usually take for granted....
PA063184.jpg

PA063182.jpg

Then we went on to the Ruaha national park where we were lucky enough to go on safari and stayed right next to the Ruaha river, where we go to see some interesting animals, although some frightened all of us a bit....
:wink:
PA080031.jpg

PA080027.jpg

PA080039.jpg

PA080053.jpg

PA080048.jpg

PA090082.jpg

PA080064.jpg

PA080042.jpg

PA080013.jpg

PA090084.jpg

Finally we went to Zanzibar to finish off the holiday and we got to spend some time on the beach and around Stone Town and Jozani forest, where we saw some very rare Red Colobus monkeys and a mangrove swamp...
PA140131.jpg

PA140139.jpg

We hope you all enjoy the pictures, sorry there are so many.
Lots of love from Roaming Rudy and Nicola xxxxxxxxxxxx

omg what fab pictures wow! I love the lizards and the elephant so close to you wow!! Are all these animals tame?

Roaming Rudy is so lucky I never thought I would say this but I am jealous of a teddy bear!!!!! :oops:

Oh no, I didn't even realise the monkey one looked so rude, how embarrassing!!! :oops: I think it is just a branch or am I am just being a bit niave?? Oh dear :lol:
Nicola x

Wow! Looks fabulous! My sister went to Tanzania last year and had a fantastic time. Looks like you and RUdy enjoyed yourselves :D

Back