• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finally have my rabbit :) Picture added

Lynette

Warren Scout
Hello,

Well I went on here a month ago to get lots of advice and finally have my new Rabbit; Rusty. Who is a gem, very naughty but so lovely.

I wanted to put a picture on but work internet wont allow me to. He was on Rabbit re-home from West Midlands if anyone remembers him.

Well so far so good, Rusty has a 8 by 6 ft run with a level on part and he has loads of toys and hay boxes.

Just a couple of Q's though.

-He's chewed his cat bed loads and wasn't sure if it was safe in case he was eatting it; so took it out. Should it be ok?

- He doesn't seem to play with any of his toys but does like his hay box. Tried rattles and chews ad willow balls and sticks but he isn't interested. Any ideas?

-Also he is a star at using his litter tray but can't help but wee over the edge. Again any ideas?

-Also and this is the big one, old owner said he wasn't interested in other rabbits and wasn't bothering with his wife or son. is there any possibility of bonding?

Apart from that things are great and i'm very much enjoying being his new Mum.

Any answers would be great as want to give him the best home I can.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ebay222.jpg

Re: Finally have my rabbit :) But some questions :S

My buns don't play with toys much either but if i put a carboard box in their room they go mad for it and spend days ripping it up. They also love toilet roll tubes filled with hay.

I bought Bugsy and Lola a Ferplast Trio litter tray. There is a pic of one on this old thread:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=23266&highlight=ferplast+trio

It is the best thing I ever bought for them. They spend hours in there munching on their hay and it put an end to any little accidents appearing on the floor. It's probably a bit big for one rabbit but would be a good investment if you are considering getting a second bun.

Hope that helps a little :D

Aww Rusty is a handsome bun!

The only toy Deej loves is his treat ball, he does like willow balls though!

Deej sometimes manages to pee over the edge of his litter tray so I upgraded to one of the deeper cat litter trays, when I have the spare cash I'm thinking of getting a hi bac litter tray.

Buns are very selective about their partners, so I think that if you can find him, just the right girly bun then there is definitely a good chance of happily bonding him.

:D

Thanks for the replies, I think I will try to bond him using a rabbit rescue centre where you can go and meet the other girlies.

T

My mum and dad's rabbit, Charlie kept peeing over the edge too. So my dad took the washing up bowl and cut piece from the side just big enough for him to fit through and smoothed the edges. It works a treat, Charlie likes it but my mum wasn't too happy!!

Cute rabbit! He looks like our Rosie.

What a lovely bunny!!! :love: And I like his name, too.

I would try him with several other bunnies, maybe there's one he will get along with.

I have a corner litter box with a high back, had no problems with it so far.

Snoopy wasn't interested in toys, either. Now he has Penny, and they both don't play much with anything. They liked to chew up and throw around their willow basket, though.

Back