• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

511 new rabbits

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Thats like the biggest hutch ive EVER seen!!!!
There soooo many of them! Does look like bunny heaven!!!

m
xx

ps. eeeeek! Can't take in the number of buns running a round!

wow i have tried installing the software to watch it but it wont work but the pics are fab wish i ran that sanctuary its amazing! :love: :love:

One of the ladies that volunteers there is on another forum I got on. It was certainly a bit move for all the bunnies!!

Windows Media player will play the mp4 file, Carys. ;) What a cool video!!!

There was a huge rescue earlier in the year that sorted out over 1500 rabbits, I assume these are some of those. They were all neutered.

I realise it would be hard to home them all, but I can't help thinking that this is not going to work. They will rip each other to bits :cry: :cry: The beginning is not the worst time for fighting. As they start to stake claims on territory it will get worse :( And you can't properly check them all so wounds will be left to get infected..... Plus winter is fierce there :cry:
Maybe they will build more smaller areas as they are able so they can keep better track of them :?

That makes sense, I knew about the massive rescue, glad they are neutered :shock: .

I thought the same as you about checking on them- surely they'll lost track of them when they start digging burrows. You wont be able to tell easily if they are all eating/getting their fair share, or ill and dying down a burrow?
I guess they would have thought of these things tho? :?

doorkeeper said:
There was a huge rescue earlier in the year that sorted out over 1500 rabbits, I assume these are some of those. They were all neutered.

I realise it would be hard to home them all, but I can't help thinking that this is not going to work. They will rip each other to bits :cry: :cry: The beginning is not the worst time for fighting. As they start to stake claims on territory it will get worse :( And you can't properly check them all so wounds will be left to get infected..... Plus winter is fierce there :cry:
Maybe they will build more smaller areas as they are able so they can keep better track of them :?

This is hard for us as we all have "pet" buns but in their natural territory who checks them then? At least they all have mountains of space and company and judging by all the binkies and racing around they are mighty happy :D

It will play in VLC media player. :wink:

Looks fantastic but like others have said goodness knows how they are going to health check them all regularly. That grass isn’t going to last 5 minutes! :shock: :lol:

Louise

Great Video.... and good to see lots of happy bunnies,

But I'm also wondering if these are all up to be rehomed - aren't they all going to get more like wild bunnies, having sooo much space and so many other bunnies for company.

I think the bunnies will all be staying at the rescue as a group. Its probably not the most ideal situation but considering there were in excess of 1500 bunnies rescued and most were already liveing feral it's probably the best these buns could hope for. They certainly look happy! The lady who has them said that some were becoming tame and coming to greet her. i wish her the best of luck with them, i think she has done a wonderful thing taking them on. Every single bunny was neutered in the rescue!!! i wrote an article for my bunny Mad magazine, it's an amazing story!

BirdieBun said:
doorkeeper said:

This is hard for us as we all have "pet" buns but in their natural territory who checks them then? At least they all have mountains of space and company and judging by all the binkies and racing around they are mighty happy :D

But wild ones wouldn't live in such high density. And they could move on if they were being harassed.....

Best guess is, as time move on, the owner will fence out the bunnies in smaller section, and put the tamer rabbits in ea. sub-section, and the naughty ones in separate section.

The place is a bit dense. If I were the owner, I would just put more wooden tree trunks (hallow) and much more natural barriers (like trees shrubs, stones, etc.), so that ea. rabbit has their own spot.

If he builds enough corners by fencing natural barrier, when ea. rabbit have their own little corner, that should significantly cut down the fighting, as they would all have their own territory.

SOAD said:
It doesn't work on mine :cry: :cry:

You are so
goofy.jpg

It's a MOV or MP4 files. Any software can run it.

One of the best one is:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm

it's free. Download the software and it will run the above file, as I just try it.

After you install the above software, go back to that link, and download that file. Save it in your hard drive, it's well worth keeping.

Then use the above Real Alternative player to play the MOV file.

Back