• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much dry food?

Honeybun

Warren Scout
I have Colin and Mia on Science Selective, but I'm not sure if I'm giving them the right amount...

They always look hungry, but I don't know if that's for my benefit, as neither of them are thin (Colin was very slim when he arrived, but is a nice size now).

They have plenty of hay (which only Colin eats *sigh*) and light veg as Mia suffers from an upset tummy if I give her more than a little bit.

Any ideas ?(amounts in something practical like a cup rather than weight would be good, I don't have any kitchen scales atm!)

Mine get about half a cup between two of them in the morning. If they are eating hay they won't go hungry :D

I think its more difficult if you have a non hay eater. Have you tried things to get her to eat hay? I never succeeded with my non hay eaters! :lol:

Well, if they are not losing or putting on weight then perhaps the amount you are giving is right?

I've reduced Audrey's pellets down to one- two tablespoons now as she needs to lose weight.

Back