• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Fleas?

Ryo_the_rat

Warren Scout
not been on here for a while so i hope everyone is ok? my boys are doing great :D however, i got two little kittens yesterday(sooo cute!!) but they have brought visiters with them :? :x luckily i spotted them while the boys were still in the carrier, so i got some frontline spot on on the way back from collecting them and treated them as soon as i came in the door!

i bought a spray to do the house today(that should be fun, trying to move 31 animals around the house whilst spraying incesticide!! :shock: ) but im aware that bunnies can be effected by cat fleas :? the kittens have been kept downstairs and the bunnies are upstairs, but im wondering whether to treat the bunnies for fleas now? or just keep an eye on things?

i was also wondering if anyone can tell me if cat fleas can effect guinea pigs? or any other small animal for that matter! i know they can effect ratties too, but not sure about mice or hammies? dont want my whole zoo getting the little beasties!

*itch scratch itch scratch*

Hello! Not really sure what's the best thing to do, but just wanted to say please make sure you don't get the frontline anywhere near the rabbits as although it's brilliant for cats, it can kill bunnies! Hope you manage to eradicate your little visitors soon xx

AlisonA said:
Hello! Not really sure what's the best thing to do, but just wanted to say please make sure you don't get the frontline anywhere near the rabbits as although it's brilliant for cats, it can kill bunnies! Hope you manage to eradicate your little visitors soon xx

hiya! thanks for that, though i already knew not to get the frontline by the bunnies-read it somewhere over the last 48 hours :lol: hope i get rid of the ******* soon too! :evil:

there is a cat coming into my garden close to my bunnys with fleas. The vet told me that they can live on the bunnys so I have treated them with Advantage which the vet gave me.

Back