• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding... Help.

lynda_m

Warren Veteran
Am I ok to leave them on their own for a bit?

There's not much chasing, no biting, no humping, they're pretty much ignoring each other! :?

How long have you been sitting with them for? Mine were fine for the first hour and then it kicked off.

Was sat with them for an hour, just keep popping back in and checking them now, the girls are just sat together and Benji is just hopping round.

They've been together for the last 2 hours.

How long do you think I should give it before I call it quits for the night?

lynda_m said:
Was sat with them for an hour, just keep popping back in and checking them now, the girls are just sat together and Benji is just hopping round.

They've been together for the last 2 hours.

How long do you think I should give it before I call it quits for the night?

If there's no fighting/blood, I'd just leave them. Ignoring is good :D

Left them for 3 hours and not a lot happened!

I was getting tired and needed to clean the kitchen so I put them back in their cages... Will try again tonight!

Where are they going to live together? If its in one cage then i would have put them all back in there together. If there wasn't any fighting then just put them together, no need to separate them. They usually will bond quicker in a more confined space.
When i bonded Amber and Dexter i left them in the kitchen together but they didn't show much interest in each other and Dexter kept hiding from Amber so after three hours I put them in the new hutch together. There were quite a few scuffles and chasing at first but after about 24 hours they were snuggled up together.

I did think about putting them in the cage together but I thought I best ask you lot for some advice first, didn't want to be getting up in the morning and finding any of them hurt etc!

They're not going to a new cage, the girlies will be going in Benjo's cage!

hi im kirsty

I recentley got a new rabbit we bond through bars as he has just been spayed a few weeks ago but when we put Pepsi(older rabbit) in his cage and let him run around she clucked, now we have swapped them around and she seems fine and in the garden when she is in the run and he is outside she seems fine and follows him around so fingers crossed they will bond :D :D :D
xmyrabbitx.jpg
Pepsi(right) :cry: r.i.pHazelr.i.p :cry: (left)
trooper.jpg
(Trooper)

Well I've gone for the 'stick them all in the cage together' approach... seems to be working, there was a bit of thumping from the girls when Benji tried to groom them but all good so far...

Back