• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tree of Light- Fundraiser for RNGP Welfare

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of rngpwelfare

Tree of light
Whilst Christmas is just around the corner, here at Rabbit & Guinea pig Welfare we decided that we would like to help raise some desperately needed money for our rabbits and guinea pigs at the rescue centre, who are still waiting for that special some-one to come along and take them home.
Our doors to the public close on 16th December and we do not re-home over the Christmas period as we feel animals are so easily sought after around special events like Christmas and Easter as an easy come easy go gift.
We are soon expecting the sudden influx of un-wanted rabbits and guinea pigs as we enter the chill of winter which is most rescues peak time for animals being dumped. Unfortunately, this is common occurrence around this time each year as owners realise the responsibility of owning outside pets and do not wish to brave the winter elements to care and love their pet.
Christmas is not only a time to be joyful and merry but for many, a time to reflect on those who we miss dearly and are not with us to share the Christmas spirit.
Sponsor a Fairy Light has been set up in memory of those whom are now at the rainbow bridge with our family and friends to care for them until we meet them again. Sponsor a light is open to all, whether that be a pet/s or a family member/s who is greatly missed, you may like to sponsor a light for some-one else as a gift, The Tree Of Life is for everyone.
Each Light you sponsor will have your personal message attached and you will receive a personalised card and a special Christmas tree decoration as a keep sake. The money raised from the Tree of Life will be used to help the rabbits and guinea pigs who are here at the rescue and for those, who will sadly be un-aware that they will be coming into the rescue very soon. We hope to make our rabbits and guinea pigs here have an enjoyable Christmas like they should be having if they were in a forever loving home.
We will be having bunny lights in the bunny shed and a tree on the compound of the rescue for all the bunnies and piggies to enjoy. Tree of Life will be turned on on the 3rd December for you to view via our webcams. We sincerely hope that you will take comfort in knowing that sponsoring a light in memory of those we have loved, lost and miss dearly is helping those who are still waiting for that special loving home. We hope to make this a yearly event in the run up to Christmas to help the animals as we feel they deserve a Christmas too as well as remembering those who are unable to share it with us.
WHAT DO I DO TO SPONSOR A LIGHT/S
It’s very easy to sponsor a light/s, simply fill in the form on our website with your details (no information you provide will be passed to any other party) along with the amount of lights you wish to sponsor. Payment can be made through our ‘donation’ button or by cheque or postal order, please see the payment section for more details
Each Fairy light is £5.00

More details can be found on our website: www.rngp.org

That's a great idea... I will definitely sponsor a light for Donut... Tuesday is more than filling her shoes as Egg's companion, but we will never forget our special Donut

woodstock said:
That's a great idea... I will definitely sponsor a light for Donut... Tuesday is more than filling her shoes as Egg's companion, but we will never forget our special Donut

Thank you Anna, glad Tuesday has landed on his paws :D

awwwwww thats lovely Tracy, I will sponsor some (well quite a few :oops: ) you get that certain age when all you seem to have are family funerals :( :( Give me some time though as I know I will blubbering over what words to write :oops:

Just to add there's still room on the tree.

We hope to be activating the cameras from the 3rd of December so you will all be able to see your messages on the tree of light. :D

rngpwelfare said:
Just to add there's still room on the tree.

We hope to be activating the cameras from the 3rd of December so you will all be able to see your messages on the tree of light. :D

Have the cameras been activated yet? :)

have just spoke with Tracy, sadly her server is down and Shauny bun is on a nightshift until tomorrow so hopefully the camera's will be up and running sometime this week. Tracy asked me to post this as her pc is in the bedroom and Shauny bun is counting bunnies in the land of nod so she cannot get on to post at the moment :wink: :lol:

Denny said:
have just spoke with Tracy, sadly her server is down and Shauny bun is on a nightshift until tomorrow so hopefully the camera's will be up and running sometime this week. Tracy asked me to post this as her pc is in the bedroom and Shauny bun is counting bunnies in the land of nod so she cannot get on to post at the moment :wink: :lol:

Thanks! :D

Since a number of people could not connect to the webcams, we have taken some photos for you.

We will be doing this again this year, and I will make sure the webcams work for you.

lights.JPG

lights1.JPG

lights2.JPG

lights3.JPG

lights4.JPG

lights5.JPG

lights6.JPG

lights7.JPG

lights8.JPG

Many thanks to all who supported us with this.

Tracy & Shaun

Back